Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   ETM Issues (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Replacement ETM (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=145205)

saabysteve Feb 9th, 2012 10:28

Replacement ETM

Can someone help? I have the dreaded Etm failure on my 2000 v70 classic 2.4 non turbo , I've finally sourced the correct replacement part(the yellow stickered one) but what I need to know is weather swapping the part is a straight forward bolt on off or do I need to get the replacement ETM reprogrammed for my car?

spokoluzik Feb 9th, 2012 14:19

Hardware and software number have to be same. By the way how much are you spending for second hand one??
I can repair yours for 110 quid with 2 years warranty. Doesn't have to be reprogrammed or anything like that.

saabysteve Feb 9th, 2012 15:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by spokoluzik (Post 1089497)
Hardware and software number have to be same. By the way how much are you spending for second hand one??
I can repair yours for 110 quid with 2 years warranty. Doesn't have to be reprogrammed or anything like that.

Thanks , where will I find those numbers ? I'm paying £95 , I did think about getting mine recond but need the use of the car still so can't really be off the road whilst waiting.

spokoluzik Feb 9th, 2012 16:45

Numbers are on sticker. If pm me them I may have replacement unit for you.
In this case don't have to wait for your unit.

weble Feb 9th, 2012 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by spokoluzik (Post 1089497)

You're a legend! I must remember your name, i *think* mines on the blink, bit juddery in the cold a few times now :(

saabysteve Feb 9th, 2012 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by spokoluzik (Post 1089591)
Numbers are on sticker. If pm me them I may have replacement unit for you.
In this case don't have to wait for your unit.

Apparently I can only PM after I have posted 30 times?????

Anyway mine is an original white stickered unit no 9188793 but believe Volvo changed this part no to 8644347 later on , the rest of the numbers are as follows
1145AC34A
00W150201
65CFM2
AH.0002030.K

If I cant get a unit to match roughly how much does it cost to get it reprogramed and from where?
It may well be easier to send my unit to you as you suggested if I cant get a match, what kind of turn around are we talking?

spokoluzik Feb 9th, 2012 23:59

Have to check numbers on mine.
If you send yours to me and will receive it by 1 pm will post it back on same day.

spokoluzik Feb 10th, 2012 13:57

Bad news.
Different numbers on mine.

Ianfromnotts May 14th, 2012 17:30

Can all units be repaired ? If so what it the turn round time?

mine is showing an internal fault code - don't have it to hand but I am sure I read units with internal faults couldn't be repaired.

I appear to be getting a weak or fully lost signal at low revs. Tick over is reasonably smooth but the engine is cutting out occasionally now - looking for a lower cost route than a new body

RUTV70 May 15th, 2012 08:50

Have a word with "Spokoluzik"..the post above yours.!!

Neil