Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   v2.1 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=325453)

GezzaT May 16th, 2022 07:22

v2.1

Software version 2.1 is out…

Updates in software V2.1
Driver display visuals update to improve consist-
ency and clarity. The update includes changes to
the following elements:
• Calm and Navi mode dials

Fuel and battery level indication
• Trip information.
• App menu
• Notifications
• Slightly reduced map size for improved separ-
ation from other display elements
Scheduled charging bugfix. Driver display charging
settings do not reset between drives.
Adjusted cold battery indication. The update in-
cludes improved accuracy of estimated available
energy when the battery is cold. The cold battery
indication is also shown more frequently.
Tyre pressure monitoring system adjustments. The
system may display a stored pressure-message
after the update depending on the car's
configuration.
Brake system diagnostics bugfixes and
adjustments.
Drivetrain optimisation adjustments.

Ian.7878 May 16th, 2022 09:58

Seen no mention of restoring the USB Data!!!!
Guess they dont think its that important!
This update looks to be more pointed towards the "recharge" models, But
we wait with baited breath!!!

Fibrous May 17th, 2022 12:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian.7878 (Post 2824507)
Seen no mention of restoring the USB Data!!!!
Guess they dont think its that important!
This update looks to be more pointed towards the "recharge" models, But
we wait with baited breath!!!

Noticed that re the USB. I had an email from Volvo customer relations a couple of days ago after I requested a further update from my original enquiry a month ago on the USB situation. Apparently the product team are looking into it and waiting for an answer from the Head. I will be updated they said. Anyways as I said before we will have to wait and see. I know others have mentioned still no Apple CarPlay but perhaps these two function will coincide in the end. They told me late in the second quarter.

Looking forward to installing 2.1 when it becomes available in my car, tends to take 4 or 5 days after the announcement before my car shows it as an install. Seems the OTA updates are coming quite regularly now.

ChatsV60 May 17th, 2022 18:28

AudioWagon

2022-05-17: Polestar has announced on Facebook that they did not fix the USB function in update P2.1 yet:

Our goal was to be able to reintroduce this [USB] functionality in P2.1. Unfortunately, this has been delayed. The functionality will be reintroduced in an upcoming software update. We’re sorry for the inconvenience in the interim.

😥 So let’s wait for P2.2.

From AudioWagon web page

streetg May 17th, 2022 22:28

Is there any info that this fixes the constant Bluetooth dropouts? My iPhone 12 Pro keeps disconnecting and it seems to be since the update to v2. I've reset everything but it still happens.

griffin447 May 17th, 2022 22:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by streetg (Post 2824872)
Is there any info that this fixes the constant Bluetooth dropouts? My iPhone 12 Pro keeps disconnecting and it seems to be since the update to v2. I've reset everything but it still happens.

Mine too and I have the same phone as you. I thought it was the iOS update but perhaps not…

Zwerg May 20th, 2022 06:51

Dashboard changes

The XC40 forum has a thread which covers more detail about the dashboard layout changes. In particular post no 84 shows a “before” and “after” picture, so you can get an idea of what you’ll get when you install v2.1:

https://www.xc40forum.com/threads/ot...eh.4511/page-5

Rayman71 May 20th, 2022 08:18

OMG, the new layout is ugly and annoying (especially map edges and battery level meter):sad-smiley-047:. New layout looks very cheep. I prefer the old one. Please Volvo change it back.

davetcan May 23rd, 2022 13:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayman71 (Post 2825238)
OMG, the new layout is ugly and annoying (especially map edges and battery level meter):sad-smiley-047:. New layout looks very cheep. I prefer the old one. Please Volvo change it back.

I completely agree. I'd love the ability to change the appearance of the display, to add dials for example, but actually making it uglier was not something i expected to happen.

MG14 May 23rd, 2022 19:54

Is it really that different? A bit smaller and a few other changes, I guess that’s it. Hardly worth whining about.
Then again, it is a Volvo forum and that seems to be the norm.