Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Car rejected (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=339127)

Lexman8 Apr 1st, 2024 17:06

Car rejected

The next door neighbour of a friend of mine has rejected his XC40 on the basis that it was unsafe due to problems with AAOS. Whilst the rejection was initially refused by Volvo, the ombudsman has upheld the complaint and Volvo has accepted the ombudsman's decision.

The guy now has another (non-Volvo) car.

sandys Apr 1st, 2024 17:43

Without any detail, there is zero value to this post, April fools perhaps :D

Lexman8 Apr 1st, 2024 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandys (Post 2943426)
Without any detail, there is zero value to this post

I disagree. The fact that the ombudsman found in favour says that there were legitimate concerns. I didn't go into detail in the post but wouldn't have posted unless I could vouch for the source. And to be clear, he wasn't comparing it to Sensus.

Quote:

April fools perhaps
I assume you mean April fool's.

sk546 Apr 1st, 2024 19:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexman8 (Post 2943420)
The next door neighbour of a friend of mine has rejected his XC40 on the basis that it was unsafe due to problems with AAOS. Whilst the rejection was initially refused by Volvo, the ombudsman has upheld the complaint and Volvo has accepted the ombudsman's decision.

The guy now has another (non-Volvo) car.

So was the problem with AAOS in general being dangerous (unlikely) or just that particular car and how AAOS operated on that car?

Each car integrates to the software differently which is why some people have very few issues encountered (like myself) while others seem to have issue after issue after issue.

I'm assuming the person had legitimate issues with their car (possibly a braking or safety system hardware/software integration issue) that caused safety concerns that the Ombudsman agreed with but you sound like you are trying to say ALL AAOS cars are dangerous because of one bad integration experience.

As Sandys says, without detail, your post has little merit.

sandys Apr 1st, 2024 22:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexman8 (Post 2943437)
I assume you mean April fool's.

Or even April fools' as it's a day for the fools rather than belonging to the singular fool :p :D

Mad Malc Apr 2nd, 2024 08:55

All well and good but you have not told us what specifically led to the rejection which would make the post of much more value.

Without detail we have learnt nothing.

Philip Fisher Apr 2nd, 2024 10:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandys (Post 2943478)
Or even April fools' as it's a day for the fools rather than belonging to the singular fool :p :D

I had a similar conversation about it being either Mother's Day or Mothers' Day.

I was adamant that it was the later as it was a day belonging to all Mothers, but it would appear that pretty much the entire world disagrees with me....

sandys Apr 2nd, 2024 10:39

The English language is pretty fluid, anything goes, no really one cares, well apart from the odd few on internet forums, so long as the intent is understood :D

V60 probably Apr 2nd, 2024 11:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philip Fisher (Post 2943525)
I had a similar conversation about it being either Mother's Day or Mothers' Day.

I was adamant that it was the later as it was a day belonging to all Mothers, but it would appear that pretty much the entire world disagrees with me....

It's easier to stick with Mothering Sunday, the day to allow those living away in service to return to their 'mother church'. Avoid's the feral apostrophe.

WhatNext? Apr 2nd, 2024 19:38

The other (new from 2024) which is going to cause a lot of upset is the eye tracking/super sensitive overspeeding by 1 mph alarms that is mandated on new cars

I can see them back tracking in a year or too. I think the number of beeps and bongs itself would be a distraction enough to contribute to an accident