Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Finally got the comets on!! (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=319882)

Ninjabob81 Sep 11th, 2021 18:08

Finally got the comets on!!

1 Attachment(s)
So, after dealing with corroded Propus for a year or two and having to inflate the tyres every few weeks I finally did something about it and bought some Comets off AubergineS70 off here. Got them refurbed at City wheel refurbishments in Birmingham who did a mint job. Managed to get them fitted earlier and the alignment sorted, pretty pleased with the result!!

Now I just need to track down an O/S wing thats not 500 quid..

Rob

Simmy Sep 11th, 2021 20:50

try volvo composites fourum name dunkin biscuits

andrewc1267 Sep 11th, 2021 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninjabob81 (Post 2769738)
So, after dealing with corroded Propus for a year or two and having to inflate the tyres every few weeks I finally did something about it and bought some Comets off AubergineS70 off here. Got them refurbed at City wheel refurbishments in Birmingham who did a mint job. Managed to get them fitted earlier and the alignment sorted, pretty pleased with the result!!

Now I just need to track down an O/S wing thats not 500 quid..

Rob

I have them on my v70r they are my favourite wheels looks really smart your 850 the wheels make the car look younger

Ninjabob81 Sep 11th, 2021 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simmy (Post 2769779)
try volvo composites fourum name dunkin biscuits

Spoke to him before, nice bloke, kinda pointed out the fact that his wings are for track use so panel gaps etc wouldn’t necessarily be the best etc. Managed to buy a N/S wing off a forum member earlier in the year for a great price, just can’t for the life of me find an O/S!! 😂

RaelG Sep 11th, 2021 22:05

I really like the look of those, they very much suit the 850.

What were that model fitted to originally? A C70?

ITSv40 Sep 11th, 2021 22:23

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by RaelG (Post 2769802)
I really like the look of those, they very much suit the 850.

What were that model fitted to originally? A C70?

They also suit the C70 :) Standard fitment, but 7.5J on the C70, 7J on other models.

Ninjabob81 Sep 12th, 2021 10:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by raelg (Post 2769802)
i really like the look of those, they very much suit the 850.

What were that model fitted to originally? A c70?

p1 s/v70 r, c70.

DunkinBiskits Sep 4th, 2022 15:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninjabob81 (Post 2769797)
Spoke to him before, nice bloke, kinda pointed out the fact that his wings are for track use so panel gaps etc wouldn’t necessarily be the best etc.

I said that it doesnt have an A post return because theyre widened, nothing to do with panel gaps being off. Its a genuine wing its moulded from, just flared after some english wheel work.

Ninjabob81 Sep 5th, 2022 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by DunkinBiskits (Post 2843505)
I said that it doesnt have an A post return because theyre widened, nothing to do with panel gaps being off. Its a genuine wing its moulded from, just flared after some english wheel work.

My mistake, sorry, not trying to insinuate they’re poor quality or anything, you said yourself that for a road car they’re probably not what I’m looking for. Didn’t mean to cause offence mate, I very nearly ordered a pair but managed to track down a decent drivers side wing for the right price eventually.

Rob

DunkinBiskits Sep 12th, 2022 03:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninjabob81 (Post 2843689)
My mistake, sorry, not trying to insinuate they’re poor quality or anything, you said yourself that for a road car they’re probably not what I’m looking for. Didn’t mean to cause offence mate, I very nearly ordered a pair but managed to track down a decent drivers side wing for the right price eventually.

Rob

sorry if it read like i was pi22ed off. was just highlighting how theyre different from the OE's