Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Software Updates (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=332734)

Wolfiedingle May 14th, 2023 11:05

Software Updates

Hi All

How do I know if my car has had the latest software updates installed?
Is there somewhere I can check this in car?

Cheers :beer:

WhatNext? May 14th, 2023 12:24

Sadly NO

Only Volvo dealers can tell you and they always say all updates been installed
From what you said about Start/Stop, seems yours has NOT been updated

See here

Can you post a picture

If you search on here you'll see lots of posts about start stop not working. Mine had the battery in the boot changed (under warranty) despite Volvo initially stating no issue.

Been faultless since. Many users will criticise other manufacturers for fobbing off buyers, but Volvo is no better in that regard.

Clan May 14th, 2023 12:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfiedingle (Post 2895379)
Hi All

How do I know if my car has had the latest software updates installed?
Is there somewhere I can check this in car?

Cheers :beer:

It gets updated on every official volvo service for free. That should help your question. no you cant check yourself.

nu11eaf May 14th, 2023 19:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clan (Post 2895387)
It gets updated on every official volvo service for free. That should help your question. no you cant check yourself.

It should get updated at every official service but it this is not always the case, there was an update for auto high beam but my car never received the update and it has been serviced at least twice by Volvo dealership since that update was issued, once your car is over certain age more and more updates do not apply so they do not bother. The auto high beam did apply to my car but I still have to flick the light switch to bring Auto on.

The OP car should have received the stop start update if it was serviced at a Volvo dealership as it would not have been very old at the time of the update. It may have been serviced elsewhere.

Wolfiedingle May 14th, 2023 19:25

My car has been serviced by independent garages all its life so I don’t think it’s ever had an update.
Going to ring round tomorrow and get cost quotes.

Clan May 14th, 2023 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by nu11eaf (Post 2895469)
It should get updated at every official service but it this is not always the case, there was an update for auto high beam but my car never received the update and it has been serviced at least twice by Volvo dealership since that update was issued, once your car is over certain age more and more updates do not apply so they do not bother. The auto high beam did apply to my car but I still have to flick the light switch to bring Auto on.

The OP car should have received the stop start update if it was serviced at a Volvo dealership as it would not have been very old at the time of the update. It may have been serviced elsewhere.

it is one software package on the service update which contains multiple software for different units. Not all units are done. So for some reason the light one may not have been in the package for some technical reason. Maybe it has to be reported back to VOSA when that particular headlamp one is done for example, so the paper trail is different .

Gazdok May 17th, 2023 12:20

Just update on the charge for a selective software up date please when it is done.