Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   V40/XC '12>17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=194)
-   -   Seat padding (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=271700)

ben78 Aug 16th, 2017 23:36

Seat padding

My V40 seems to have become a bit uncomfy in that the raised bits at the sides of the seats feel like they're digging into my hips. I think it's that the central bit is slightly saggy, so I'm sitting too deep into it and the side pads are too high in relative terms. Can't tell to look at it but pressing it by hand, it feels a bit softer than the passenger seat which has presumably had far less use.
It's a 65 plate and has done 13,000 miles, about 3,000 of which by me. It was comfy when I first got it.
Anybody else had this problem? Would you get it repadded - if so would the seat heater be an issue?

7050man Aug 19th, 2017 13:16

Well it's funny that you mention this. I too have a 65 plate and if I've ever been in the car for a longer period I too find the seats a little uncomfortable. The reason I think is that the seats are a little narrow, with the side supports on the base part pressing into hips and legs.
I should add that I am not a particularly large build and think that the V40 seats are narrower compared to other Volvo models.
My company car, a Skoda Superb has in my view more comfortable seats. I never thought I'd ever say that!
Together with the very hard ride that the R design has probably makes this the least comfortable Volvo I've had.

ben78 Aug 19th, 2017 14:36

Hmm. Mine used to be comfy when I first got it, and I like the layout and ergonomics of it and the pedal placement etc and everything else about it, so it'd be a shame not to try and resolve this one issue. Took it to the main dealer today and he said get it booked in cos he said he reckons there's something wrong with it. May have just been saying that to agree with me but they've agreed to strip it and rebuild it anyhow so we'll see.

IamDave Aug 20th, 2017 12:22

If anything mine has got comfier as it's worn in. I found the seats a little hard when I first got it (not overly so, just a little). Now they've worn in a bit (15000 miles) they're much better. If they're the R-Design seats I can see how the side bolsters might dig in a little but even so that shouldn't be the case in my opinion.

Hope you can get this sorted.

Acer Sep 21st, 2017 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamDave (Post 2310484)
If anything mine has got comfier as it's worn in. I found the seats a little hard when I first got it (not overly so, just a little). Now they've worn in a bit (15000 miles) they're much better. If they're the R-Design seats I can see how the side bolsters might dig in a little but even so that shouldn't be the case in my opinion.

Hope you can get this sorted.

I find the seats very comfy, but we are all different shapes and sizes, which must have a big impact. Dave I see you also have a very rare (in the UK) T4 V40. I have one too, but it is a cross country variant. My polestar badge is smaller and sits to the right of the model badge.