Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   XC90 '02–'15 Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   XC90 standard set rear shock absorbers and springs (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=116313)

GJB Feb 10th, 2011 18:24

XC90 standard set rear shock absorbers and springs

Have for sale set rear shock absorbers and springs to match only used for about 120 miles as car was wronly supplied with standard not self levelling
Make me an offer.
xc90.volvo@btopenworld.com

Pepi1677 Feb 10th, 2011 19:04

I thought all XC90's came with self leveling as standard?

GJB Feb 10th, 2011 22:27

A batch came with standard and where modified to self leveling after delivery

xcmarty Feb 11th, 2011 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepi1677 (Post 837926)
I thought all XC90's came with self leveling as standard?

how do i know if mine is self leveling? (see spec in my sig...) i assumed the self leveling would be in relation to HID / xenon headlights? which i dont have....

with me starting caravaning a backup set of shock/springs may not be a silly idea.... even though im not planning on overloading the 90kg nose weight)

GJB Feb 12th, 2011 10:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by xcmarty (Post 838575)
how do i know if mine is self leveling? (see spec in my sig...) i assumed the self leveling would be in relation to HID / xenon headlights? which i dont have....

with me starting caravaning a backup set of shock/springs may not be a silly idea.... even though im not planning on overloading the 90kg nose weight)

Your year came standard with self levelling shocks,you can see what is fitted as they are much larger diameter than standard if self levelling.

bluey_xc90 Feb 12th, 2011 13:17

I replaced my nivomat self levelling with standard shocks and found they actually gave a better ride when changes at 70k. I ended up buying a set which had been taken off like these ones as are much cheaper than just one self levelling shock!

GJB Feb 14th, 2011 13:33

Now on fleabay

GJB Feb 26th, 2011 13:18

Back on ebay one day only

RoyMacDonald Feb 27th, 2011 12:06

Quote:

Self leveling is standard for the rear shocks, but the xenon lights have self leveling motors in them as well. The rear shocks are about £950 a set. It was me that was shocked when I decided that they were due for replacement.

owenfackrell Feb 28th, 2011 13:53

Quote:

The nivomat units only self level when you are moving. So when you load the car or stop for any time they will sag just like normal suspension as they us the energy from the movemnt to sit at there set hight.