Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   700/900 Series Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=176)
-   -   960 2.5 Automatic for sale - North Wiltshire (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=313826)

keith.talbot Jan 30th, 2021 18:14

960 2.5 Automatic for sale - North Wiltshire

5 Attachment(s)
Reluctantly, after 7 years, it is time to find a new home for my 960 2.5 Auto Saloon. Yes, really, it is a 2.5 Auto.
This car has had one owner before me from new, and has now done 057270 miles.
It has always been the third (or fourth) car, kept under a cover, and has been used infrequently for long / special trips - the last significant one in 2019 was to Brussels. But 2020 has seen practically no use, and I do not see myself making proper use even after lockdowns are over.

The only issue is that at some point in the past the sunroof has leaked, leading to a sagging roof lining. There is a full Volvo service history up until 2020.

With lockdown I am not expecting any sale to conclude until that is over (March ?) but it would be nice to get the sale agreed during February.

Price ? around £2000 has been suggested given the very low mileage and two owners, but a good home is more important.

XC90Mk1 Jan 30th, 2021 19:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by keith.talbot (Post 2704770)
Reluctantly, after 7 years, it is time to find a new home for my 960 2.5 Auto Saloon. Yes, really, it is a 2.5 Auto.
This car has had one owner before me from new, and has now done 057270 miles.
It has always been the third (or fourth) car, kept under a cover, and has been used infrequently for long / special trips - the last significant one in 2019 was to Brussels. But 2020 has seen practically no use, and I do not see myself making proper use even after lockdowns are over.

The only issue is that at some point in the past the sunroof has leaked, leading to a sagging roof lining. There is a full Volvo service history up until 2020.

With lockdown I am not expecting any sale to conclude until that is over (March ?) but it would be nice to get the sale agreed during February.

Price ? around £2000 has been suggested given the very low mileage and two owners, but a good home is more important.

Such a shame for me that it’s a saloon and not an estate. Given that milage and history £2,000 sounds on the low side. I would have thought £2,750 would be a good price settling on £2,500.

If you were willing to have it sitting around a long time maybe even a little more.

If an estate I would have been all over this!

griston64 Jan 30th, 2021 20:15

Does look lovely. Interior is sweet :teeth_smile:

keith.talbot Feb 8th, 2021 19:50

Hi, is anyone potentially interested ? just waiting for the end of lockdown ?

griston64 Feb 8th, 2021 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by keith.talbot (Post 2708283)
Hi, is anyone potentially interested ? just waiting for the end of lockdown ?

I would be if it was an estate

360beast Feb 8th, 2021 20:28

More pictures would help your sale.

jakobandhismakarov Feb 8th, 2021 21:24

I like the number of people telling him it's not an estate.

Helpful comments, people, come on.

GLTWS.

keith.talbot Mar 26th, 2021 18:09

Now on Autotrader

MOT until January 2022, and will have 4 new tyres (Goodyear)

XC90Mk1 Mar 26th, 2021 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by keith.talbot (Post 2722574)
MOT until January 2022, and will have 4 new tyres (Goodyear)

Keith,

I am a little suprised this is still say around. It looks lovey inside! What is the body work like? Is the paint clean and shiny?

Did you know the vehicles history?

keith.talbot Mar 26th, 2021 20:17

Yes, I’m a bit disappointed about the lack of response.
The colour is a smokey grey - not bright - with hints of lilac in it.
The vehicle was first registered to the dealer in Yeovil as a demonstrator, the basically 1 owner from 1996 to 2014, with me as the second real owner since then. The MOTs sadly show the annual mileage dropping until the last couple of years it was basically the Volvo dealer coming to take it for servicing.
The car has been used infrequently for significant journeys - there is still little to match it for a 500 mile round trip in a day, or popping over to Brussels for the weekend - so there is really very little engine wear.
But with various things happening in the last year I can’t see myself really using it - and so hoping someone from the club will take it to keep and cherish it.