Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   XC90 '02–'15 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   General: Help (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=338818)

Roundmanx Mar 17th, 2024 12:41

Help

Hi guys need a bit of help had a bit of a problem for a while where my 2005 xc90 d5 awd euro 3 engine only done 122,921 has had what seems to be a popping sound if I take the oil cap off and seems very under powered
So i have replaced
All engine mounts
Maf sensor
New egr valve
Exhaust and cat been done
Crank sensor
Fuel pump and level
Turbo boost solenoid
Air intake control valve
Glow plugs
I then smoke tested her and found a leak from the intercooler so that has been replaced today smoke tested again no leaks but she has a bit more power and no popping when take oil cap off but she is still not back to full power still lagging will get to full speed but takes longer turbo is quacking in all gears change as normal just no power where can I look next was thinking rocker arms and lifters but she is costing a fortune and hoping there is possibly something cheaper and simpler to look at first any suggestions thanks in advance

Mike A Mar 17th, 2024 13:17

Hi...I have the same car 2005 .....have you replaced tcv near the starter motor ...or the boost pressure sensor in the pipe going from intercooler to manifold ...as the turbo actuator works on vacuum is it travelling fully and not sticking ......try a italion tune up to ensure vanes onturbo are not sticking...trust this may be of help

Lancee Mar 17th, 2024 14:05

Have you had any error codes logged with a decent code read, preferably Vida ?

Carlosos Mar 17th, 2024 16:38

Sounds like a boost leak to me. I’ve heard of leaks only opening up once full boost and pressure is reached so quite hard to find.

Most importantly what codes are showing?

Roundmanx Mar 18th, 2024 10:50

Hi thanks for replying I have replaced boost sensor and tcv I have no.lights on dash and no codes showing on icarsoft. Haven't done vida though

Lancee Mar 18th, 2024 11:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roundmanx (Post 2941212)
Hi thanks for replying I have replaced boost sensor and tcv I have no.lights on dash and no codes showing on icarsoft. Haven't done vida though

I don't know how good icarsoft is ? But IMHO this is so important. Real time data could be useful ?

Carlosos Mar 18th, 2024 12:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lancee (Post 2941218)
I don't know how good icarsoft is ? But IMHO this is so important. Real time data could be useful ?

Icarsoft are usually very good but Volvos are unusually very strange in fault finding and compatible devices. I would try and get Vida run on it to check fully.

Simmy Mar 18th, 2024 16:58

check the resonator seals these can leak boost easy to replace if found to be leaking

Roundmanx Mar 21st, 2024 17:55

Have checked resonator all seems fine would middle clip broken on air box housing so not shouting properly cause this vacuum problem as smoked tested again and that's the only place getting smoke ... icarsoft reading fault a/c linear pressure sensor and engine coolant temperature , ground short