Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   XC90 '02–'15 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   General: Prices Paid (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=112378)

cx90 Dec 28th, 2010 08:45

Prices Paid

Hi, I am looking at 2011MY 200PS XC90 D5 Executive Geartronic

467 Magic Blue Metallic
CUSU Ventilated Beige/Off Black
Cross Brushed Aluminium (and gear knob)
Family Pack with Rear Entertainment
6 x CD Player

Volvo configurator says it should be 45k...drivethedeal.com comes in at 34k...please would anyone who has been down the same route let me know the type of deals they have been getting?

Many thanks!

262coupe Dec 28th, 2010 09:51

Hi mate,

mine is 200hp exec, with same spec as you describe but plus, TV, side rails, towbar, sun roof, paint protection. 36k, from main dealer.

cx90 Dec 28th, 2010 09:52

Thanks vm...can you recall what the list price was? thanks

262coupe Dec 28th, 2010 11:19

Yes I think with the extras was pushing 46!

Rentagas Dec 28th, 2010 14:11

I think drive the deal use Marshalls of Grantham as their dealer. Most dealers will get to within a few hundred pounds of the drive the deal price if pushed. Ultimately they'll pay a similar amount and get the same volume kickback from Volvo uk.

ex Triumph Man Dec 28th, 2010 17:41

These massively cheap deals have to be paid for somehow. This is usually reflected in the trade-in price.

drpepper Dec 28th, 2010 20:21

Mine is a recently delivered 200BHP D5 exec, spec as follows:-

Metallic Black Saphire
Off Black leather
Brushed Aliminium Trim
Tempa Spare Wheel
Front Parking Sensors
Running Boards
Rear Seat Entertainment

Came in at £35,690 via Car-Finance.net (guy I dealt with is called Steve Johnson and he's pretty good even if supplying dealer let them down a little). List price would be in the region of £46k

drpepper Dec 28th, 2010 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by ex Triumph Man (Post 804996)
These massively cheap deals have to be paid for somehow. This is usually reflected in the trade-in price.

Fair point, most cracking deals will see you best of disposing of your current car yourself, easy enough to do these days.

Banzai Dec 28th, 2010 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by drpepper (Post 805076)
Fair point, most cracking deals will see you best of disposing of your current car yourself, easy enough to do these days.

I think the poster meant that the purchase price of the cheap new Volvo is reflected in its future resale value / price.

kentishdriver Dec 28th, 2010 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by ex Triumph Man (Post 804996)

Normally I would agree. But I think the XC90 is to some extent an exception, and for the first year of ownership has almost become a depreciation free car. I think Volvo has been able to massively discount the XC90 recently because they got the design spot on originally, so they have been able to keep the original model on sale well after paying off all the design and development costs, and are probably happy to just keep the production line running with the overheads paid. Also the eventual trade in/used price will probably be dictated by the prices of the alternatives. So, if Discovery, X5, Q5/Q7, and Touareg used prices remain high, this will prop up the XC90 prices.