Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   MY23 order placed! (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=322771)

ian77 Jan 13th, 2022 20:10

MY23 order placed!

Thought it might be useful to have a place to track progress of MY23 orders and to let the excitement build!

I signed on the dotted line for a V60 recharge ultimate today, estimated delivery early to mid July! Fusion red with the tailored upholstery option. Now for the wait….

Philip Fisher Jan 13th, 2022 20:47

Good to hear that. Glad that Riverside came up trumps for you.

ccfcforever1987 Jan 14th, 2022 11:50

Congrats Ian77. Early to Mid July doesn't sound too bad given it was 12 months for delivery at one stage.

If you wouldn't mind sharing, could I ask what level of percentage discount you managed to get? Completely understand if you rather keep that info private, just thought I would ask before I start negotiating. I'm looking at a V60CC

nigelt28 Jan 14th, 2022 12:48

I've just ordered 23MY XC90 as well. Proposed July delivery.

Ordered a Plus which seems to have pretty much every extra.

I'm replacing a 2016 Inscription XC90.

eggfriedrice Jan 14th, 2022 13:27

I placed my order for an XC90 recharge ultimate in denim blue directly from the Volvo website on 10/01/2022. I went for the 3-month flexible subscription plan so there was no negotiation on the fixed plan pricing.

I haven't been provided with a delivery date yet however the Volvo website states between 4-5 months.

On a side note, I placed an order for a Porsche Macan in March last year but it kept being delayed over and over again. I got fed up with the waiting and cancelled my order so I'm hoping Volvo's estimated delivery dates are more accurate than Porsche's...

ian77 Jan 14th, 2022 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccfcforever1987 (Post 2799878)
Congrats Ian77. Early to Mid July doesn't sound too bad given it was 12 months for delivery at one stage.

If you wouldn't mind sharing, could I ask what level of percentage discount you managed to get? Completely understand if you rather keep that info private, just thought I would ask before I start negotiating. I'm looking at a V60CC

I’m a paid up Owners Club member, the VoC affinity discount worked out at 10% on the OTR price, I got a few hundred quid more. Plus the £3k finance deposit contribution. Given the supply issues i didn’t think that there was much point pushing it further.

ian77 Jan 14th, 2022 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by eggfriedrice (Post 2799895)
I placed my order for an XC90 recharge ultimate in denim blue directly from the Volvo website on 10/01/2022. I went for the 3-month flexible subscription plan so there was no negotiation on the fixed plan pricing.

I haven't been provided with a delivery date yet however the Volvo website states between 4-5 months.

On a side note, I placed an order for a Porsche Macan in March last year but it kept being delayed over and over again. I got fed up with the waiting and cancelled my order so I'm hoping Volvo's estimated delivery dates are more accurate than Porsche's...

I hope so too! I suspect the standard model specs with no options are an attempt to manage their parts supply - they will know what stock they expect now I suspect and so have a good idea how many build slots of each spec they have to sell. Or maybe it will still go wrong!!

ivyloo Apr 18th, 2022 10:46

do you get the car now?

ian77 Apr 18th, 2022 11:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by ivyloo (Post 2819624)
do you get the car now?

Still waiting on order acceptance from the factory and confirmed deliver date….

chrisrixy Apr 19th, 2022 12:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by ian77 (Post 2819630)
Still waiting on order acceptance from the factory and confirmed deliver date….

I'm waiting on the same - order placed in February for V60 Recharge. Expected August - but dealer not prepared to guarantee that!

The lead time for online orders was showing 4-6 months back then, but changed to 12-18 months, and today has gone down to 9-12 months - so maybe news soon..