Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   700/900 Series General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   1997 960 Hearse (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=323837)

DuckAny Feb 26th, 2022 14:40

1997 960 Hearse

Hi all
New here and to Volvo's really. I've owned my Volvo hearse for roughly 6 months, maybe longer, and I was wondering if there is anyone with any experience with hearse in general that can offer their assistance / expertise

Thanks Duck

nemesisthewarlock Feb 26th, 2022 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckAny (Post 2810212)
Hi all
New here and to Volvo's really. I've owned my Volvo hearse for roughly 6 months, maybe longer, and I was wondering if there is anyone with any experience with hearse in general that can offer their assistance / expertise

Thanks Duck

Can't think of much that would be different from a normal 960 saloon apart from maybe uprated springs/shocks?

Do you know which coachbuilder did the conversion? They may have more insight?

classicswede Feb 26th, 2022 20:49

I do quite a bit with the special 960 models including the Limos, Hearse and Ambulance.

What info do you need?

DuckAny Feb 27th, 2022 11:37

I have a couple of questions if you don't mind.
Could I remove the deck completely out of the hearse, so I am left with a bear base?
Follow up to that question. If i do remove the deck is there anything that would need to be left alone (wires, lines anything like that?)
Those are the main questions. I did have more, but I draw a blank atm. Thanks.

DuckAny Feb 27th, 2022 11:38

Do you know which coachbuilder did the conversion? They may have more insight?[/QUOTE]

I was told by the dealer i brought it from that Volvo did all the work in house, so I am unsure what the process would be.

(idk how the quoting works)

Clan Feb 27th, 2022 12:30

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckAny (Post 2810345)
Do you know which coachbuilder did the conversion? They may have more insight?

I was told by the dealer i brought it from that Volvo did all the work in house, so I am unsure what the process would be.

(idk how the quoting works)[/QUOTE]

Nilsson did the work for Volvo right up to the present day .

https://www.nilsson.se/en/

Picture from 20 Hearses and Limousines we prepared and supplied in December 1988

DuckAny Feb 27th, 2022 12:42

Thank you for this. I have contacted them in hopes they will provide some info on how they were made so i can de construct the deck.
Also the images you provided are brilliant may I ask if those are yours if not can i ask where you got them from?

Clan Feb 27th, 2022 12:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckAny (Post 2810353)
Thank you for this. I have contacted them in hopes they will provide some info on how they were made so i can de construct the deck.
Also the images you provided are brilliant may I ask if those are yours if not can i ask where you got them from?

no not mine I just worked there , They came Via Volvo ...
Volvo still have the special vehicle section in their UK HQ , they have huge orders for police vehicles at the moment . 90% of that market from memory .
Scandinavia House, Norreys Drive, Maidenhead SL6 4FL

I guess you wont be using it for a Hearse so why not just take out what is there and see what you have to work with ?

DuckAny Feb 27th, 2022 12:56

Yeah im going to try to convert it into a camper. But atm im trying to dismantle it so i dont break anything and can possibly sell the deck as i was told by the dealer that they sold for £300 hence why im trying to do it carefully.

nemesisthewarlock Feb 27th, 2022 15:09

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckAny (Post 2810358)
Yeah im going to try to convert it into a camper. But atm im trying to dismantle it so i dont break anything and can possibly sell the deck as i was told by the dealer that they sold for £300 hence why im trying to do it carefully.

How about some pictures we all like a bit of hot Volvo action and a big girl like yours is gonna be a special honey :tounge_smile: :tongwink:

Here's my two:

Fat Slag #1 My Goddess

Attachment 140195

Fat Slag #2 My Fast and Juicy V8

Attachment 140196