Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   The great fuel consumption poll (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=148395)

Jonluke Mar 18th, 2012 22:10

The great fuel consumption poll

Please click on the car and consumption range that applies to you and your car... I think it may be quite an eye opener to see how different the different engines are from one another in terms of fuel consumption.

Of course this information has to be taken with a pinch of salt, some people drive far more in heavy traffic than others. Some have a relaxed driving style while others "Push On".

Never the less I think it would be interesting to see how the different XC60's are doing out there in the real world...

Please also note that the MPG / US MPG / L/100KM conversions have been rounded off but I think the three options are useful enough

Ransman Mar 18th, 2012 22:56

You haven't included the D3 geartronic in the poll.

jimbg Mar 19th, 2012 08:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonluke (Post 1119864)
Please click on the car and consumption range that applies to you and your car... I think it may be quite an eye opener to see how different the different engines are from one another in terms of fuel consumption.

Of course this information has to be taken with a pinch of salt, some people drive far more in heavy traffic than others. Some have a relaxed driving style while others "Push On".

Never the less I think it would be interesting to see how the different XC60's are doing out there in the real world...

Please also note that the MPG / US MPG / L/100KM conversions have been rounded off but I think the three options are useful enough

You have not included the D3 AWD models in the poll?

Also no manual / auto option which makes a big difference?

simonjedrake Mar 19th, 2012 09:42

XC60 Models ONLY?

Also it needs to be CLEAR that this poll applies only to XC60 models as other forum members reading "Unread" posts may not notice that this thread originates in the XC60 forum......................

stu0710 Mar 19th, 2012 12:31

I've just voted, but also is this long term average or best figures? Also the band 33mpg to 45mpg covers a huge range compared to the other bands?

jimbg Mar 19th, 2012 13:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by stu0710 (Post 1120138)
I've just voted, but also is this long term average or best figures? Also the band 33mpg to 45mpg covers a huge range compared to the other bands?

I agree, seems a bit pointless with such a wide band. A large number will be in that range and 33 mpg would be a disappointing figure and 45 mpg would be almost unbelievable!

stu0710 Mar 19th, 2012 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbg (Post 1120200)
I agree, seems a bit pointless with such a wide band. A large number will be in that range and 33 mpg would be a disappointing figure and 45 mpg would be almost unbelievable!

I get day-to-day average figures of 45-46mpg (as shown by the car's on-board computer) which equates to around 43mpg measured brim-to-brim per tankful on Fuelly (www.fuelly.com) - so not too unbeleivable!

Jonluke Mar 19th, 2012 15:59

I agree that there is a large amount of vagueness to this poll - I thought that 15 possibilities was pushing the boundaries of what was possible when setting up the poll.

Yes the difference between manual and geartronic should make a big difference...

Perhaps it would be better to create different polls for the different engine sizes and then allow for more accurate fuel consumption ranges and for manual vs. geartronic. If you guys think this is a good idea then perhaps I will ask the Mods to delete this thread and I will start again creating multiple threads with more details.

Your input and advice would be appreciated for what you would like to see in these threads if we are to do this... So please feel free to let me know.

Alec Dawe Mar 19th, 2012 17:35

2.4litre 173HP (the drive e engine) 2WD 6 speed geartronic, normally about 42MPG (imperial) on a run, 35-37 round town, but just suddenly dropped to 38mpg and feels sluggish.
Trip to dealer in the offing.

jimbg Mar 19th, 2012 17:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonluke (Post 1120249)
I agree that there is a large amount of vagueness to this poll - I thought that 15 possibilities was pushing the boundaries of what was possible when setting up the poll.

Yes the difference between manual and geartronic should make a big difference...

Perhaps it would be better to create different polls for the different engine sizes and then allow for more accurate fuel consumption ranges and for manual vs. geartronic. If you guys think this is a good idea then perhaps I will ask the Mods to delete this thread and I will start again creating multiple threads with more details.

Your input and advice would be appreciated for what you would like to see in these threads if we are to do this... So please feel free to let me know.

Jonluke,
To be honest, there are so many permutations of models and transmission it probably is a major task.

Do you really want to do it?