Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   AWD Discussion (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=191)
-   -   looking for advice xc60 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=325347)

sexy sue May 9th, 2022 19:32

looking for advice xc60

Wrong section most likely. Went to look at a 2012 xc60 d5 AWD today.
The owner has chipped/tuned it to 265hp apparently, but said sometimes the transmission light comes on when driving hard on the motorway.
After he turns the car off and on it goes away. I drove the car and didn't notice any issues.
Is this a red flag? Shame really because the car is in very good condition

XC90Mk1 May 9th, 2022 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by sexy sue (Post 2823428)
The owner has chipped/tuned it to 265hp apparently, but said sometimes the transmission light comes on when driving hard on the motorway.
After he turns the car off and on it goes away. I drove the car and didn't notice any issues.

It could be however its very honest of the seller to tell you and could also be something very simple such as a fluid change.

Perhaps work with the seller to work out what is wrong?

Good luck with your decision.

Tannaton May 10th, 2022 16:55

Personally I would walk away from it...

- At 265 BHP it's had a re-map and it's not a Volvo Polestar - that means you will likely have to pay more to insure it.

- It's a worry that the transmission error comes on whilst on the motorway, thats when the transmission is least stressed as you're cruising with the torque converter locked, there is no slip or heating of oil, even if you're doing 100 mph.

- There are some re-maps available that give huge power gains, the D5 engine can usually take that with no problem but the automatic gearboxes are on the limit or beyond of torque. I would suspect if he's getting errors, it's damaged.

Sorry that's not positive for you but it could be an expensive money pit.

The Thong May 12th, 2022 22:19

Get it linked to Volvo Diagnostics to read the stored codes and then go from there. There could be a heap of reasons why its doing it. Dont start anything until youve got a better picture.

TT

Familyman 90 May 13th, 2022 06:52

There are no shortage of used XC60's for sale. It should be easy enough to find one that doesn't have any wally lights coming on.

Why buy into potential trouble when there are so many fit and healthy examples for sale?

MartyButler Sep 27th, 2022 15:49

Plenty of lads would sell on the car and not say anything but if you are interested make sure to get it checked out and scanned first and then make a decision after that.
Even getting the above done, won't guarantee that nothing will go wrong.
If I'm buying a car I always look for service stamps in the book, receipts of work done and you can always see how it got on in its previous MOTs

lizawong Mar 12th, 2023 21:16

you should think again ,that not seems good sign

KristiFop Apr 4th, 2023 01:11

СЃ*є*ѕС‚С‡ *ґ*»СЏ тру*±

Phil Croxley Apr 4th, 2023 09:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by KristiFop (Post 2888300)

Strangely enough that's exactly what I was thinking!! Eh?

Simmy Apr 10th, 2023 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by sexy sue (Post 2823428)

walk away loads of cars for sale no need to by one with the potential possibility of a 3k repair to a gear box :eek: