Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   If you decided your next car wasn’t a Volvo (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=325162)

Crockers Apr 30th, 2022 10:38

If you decided your next car wasn’t a Volvo

If you decided that your next car wasn’t going to be a Volvo - what would you choose? And why ?

Moomoo Apr 30th, 2022 11:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crockers (Post 2821851)
If you decided that your next car wasn’t going to be a Volvo - what would you choose? And why ?

New or used?

Dohnut Apr 30th, 2022 12:42

Tbh I don’t really have any brand loyalty. This will be my first Volvo having previously had Audi’s, VW’s, a Ford, a Fiat and a Skoda in the household over the years.

My next car will be whatever suits my needs best, with agreeable styling to my eyes at a price point I’m comfortable with. Suspect it will be electric or whatever the alternative to ICE will be, though.

PaulBendall Apr 30th, 2022 12:51

I keep being drawn to Range Rovers and Jaguars until I look at the cost of options.

Still mostly enjoy my XC60 T8. Having popped my head into a new one the other day whilst the car was having an oil leak resolved it felt like nothing new and in some areas a step back. For now, will probably take another extended warranty and keep for five years

OldEngineer Apr 30th, 2022 17:21

There's two people on my road with new VW ID3s.
Clearly haven't read the problems with software on a badly developed car.

Why would you choose a car like this...
It must be worse on miles that a Tesla.
It must be a bit rougher on the suspension than a Tesla.
It must have less space inside that a Tesla.
And lastly; it must have no provision for recharging so that you queue up behind other electric cars at motorway services.

At least the Ionic 5 beats the Tesla on most areas (Except the last)

Wagon Sailor Apr 30th, 2022 18:49

We currently run a nice daily (BMW cabrio), a bit of fun (Honda Integra), a sports saloon (Honda Euro R) and a utility hold-all (Volvo 240 Estate).

Our next hold-all might be another Volvo but I can't see us picking one for any of the other three categories.

mark2410 Apr 30th, 2022 19:35

depends which car id be repacing, the new Genisis things look quite interesting though

EssexExile Apr 30th, 2022 20:44

Being old and decrepit I buy cars on ease of access and comfort. The V70 went because I couldn't get down into it or up out of it. After a few years enduring a Honda I tried them all out for fit - Jag, Audi, BMW, Skoda, Mitsubishi, Ford, Range Rover/Land Rover, etc. The current XC60 was the only one that fits perfectly. Next time I'll have to go through it all over again, if I'm still driving by then.

Whiterdesign Apr 30th, 2022 20:56

Well I came to Volvo 10 years ago from LR so I'm hopefully going back there. Had a Defender on order now for 9 months, still no sign of it and they keep reducing the spec due to chip problems. If I’m lucky might see it in the next few months though at this rate I’ll be lucky if it has wheels on it.

volvocamper Apr 30th, 2022 21:09

VW i guess, went Volvo (Mk1 xc90), Touareg, 2018 XC90 and now 2022 XC90.