Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Volvo Car Press Releases (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   All pure electric Volvo models to be available online only. (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=314827)

Bob Mar 4th, 2021 17:20

All pure electric Volvo models to be available online only.

Volvo Cars is fundamentally changing how and where to meet its customers, and will transform the current wholesale model by moving online and with strong customer relationships.It aims to be a fully electric car company globally by 2030 and will launch a completely new family of electric cars in coming years – all of which will be available online only.

Click here to read the full report

andy_d Mar 6th, 2021 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 2715129)
Volvo Cars is fundamentally changing how and where to meet its customers, and will transform the current wholesale model by moving online and with strong customer relationships.It aims to be a fully electric car company globally by 2030 and will launch a completely new family of electric cars in coming years – all of which will be available online only.

Click here to read the full report

does that include "no main dealers with Spares departments"
what about older legacy volvos.. you know the ones Real people buy,, spares for those ?
getting More and more disgusted with "volvo" of late,

XC90Mk1 Mar 6th, 2021 23:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy_d (Post 2715840)
what about older legacy volvos.. you know the ones Real people buy,, spares for those ?

Perhaps if Volvo go online you can order the spares online....

Electric cars are clean and the way forward and to be fair, goodness only knows how much price goes into the dealerships.

Shut them down and get online I say.

andy_d Mar 7th, 2021 17:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by XC90Mk1 (Post 2715873)

Electric cars are clean and the way forward and to be fair, goodness only knows how much price goes into the dealerships.

oi
you seem to be Trolling me , following about to have a dig at Anything i post
,, have Word withyourself and get teh **** over whatever Your issue is,, your going on "ignore" same as the Other ashats

Minormatt Nov 23rd, 2021 16:47

One of the US regulations is that new cars must be sold via a dealership - so I guess that approach won't work over the pond?

And dealerships will still be required to do physical work on vehicles

T5R92011 Nov 26th, 2021 19:32

Quote:

You'd think people would want to try out a car first at a dealer, but the amount of people who today simply order a car online and it just gets dropped off at their house seems to be on the increase, and is the way things are going.

However, I think Telsa annoyed a lot of their owners with this strategy, as the cars were (and stilll are) arriving with terrible build quality, panel gaps etc. Then someone from Tesla will come out at a later date, take the car away, and assemble it properly at a Telsa service center.

Familyman 90 Nov 26th, 2021 21:47

Quote:

Electric cars are clean...

You've clearly never been to a lithium mining, extraction and refining plant - one of the most destructive and polluting industeial peocesses known to man. About as clean as a tramps Y fronts.

The Thong Dec 19th, 2021 23:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy_d (Post 2715840)

The dealers will become service centres I would imagine plus catering for test drives, S/H motors etc. You arrange a test drive at your local dealer and then you order directly.

TT

XCR Dec 20th, 2021 01:13

I blame the childish lazy bastards that order cars like pizza.
Several cars I enquired on I subsequently back heeled as they were being marketed towards 7 year olds by companies like Car Shop and Cazoo....
No dealer facilities, no test drives and to reserve a car for viewing costs £99.
Admin fee ?
'Click and Collect' ?
Home delivery...and I even saw 'Haggle-Free experience' ?
They could all F.R.O.......

I bought my car this afternoon from a proper old school place. They answered every question prior to my visit, were attentive but not pushy, the car itself being very well presented and with a friendly, sensible robust negotiation.
May the Amazon approach to car sales die a death....

The Thong Dec 20th, 2021 07:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by XCR (Post 2794465)
I blame the childish lazy bastards that order cars like pizza.
Several cars I enquired on I subsequently back heeled as they were being marketed towards 7 year olds by companies like Car Shop and Cazoo....
No dealer facilities, no test drives and to reserve a car for viewing costs £99.
Admin fee ?
'Click and Collect' ?
Home delivery...and I even saw 'Haggle-Free experience' ?
They could all F.R.O.......

I bought my car this afternoon from a proper old school place. They answered every question prior to my visit, were attentive but not pushy, the car itself being very well presented and with a friendly, sensible robust negotiation.
May the Amazon approach to car sales die a death....

This is the way society is heading overall. I’m in your corner, try before you buy especially with the amount of rogue traders out there.