Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Performance Volvo Cars (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Urgent matter, need help!!!!!!! (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=10250)

Bashy Jun 23rd, 2002 19:10

Urgent matter, need help!!!!!!!

Hi Guys

I have the sc900 dolby pro lodgic stereo, with 3 problems!

#1 The 3 disc changer in the front loads the disc's but when it trys to play i get a very fast clicking noise, then it spits out the cartridge and looks for another disc it just repeats that process!

#2 I have fitted an Apline 600 cd changer in the boot the lead that came with it does not fit the stereo (it's too big). The original volvo wiring for a cd changer is in the boot but it too wont fit as it's connector is too small for the alpine changer, which is very strange as the volvo head unit is an alpine with a volvo badge!

#3 The automatic aireal only goes up 1 section, are they meant to or should it go up more?

Any help or ideas would be much appreciated!!!!

Regards

Martin Chadwick
Bashy
98 C70 GT T5

Networkguy Jun 23rd, 2002 20:56

RE: Urgent matter, need help!!!!!!!

>Hi Guys
>
>I have the sc900 dolby pro lodgic stereo, with 3 problems!
>
>#1 The 3 disc changer in the front loads the disc's but when
>it trys to play i get a very fast clicking noise, then it
>spits out the cartridge and looks for another disc it just
>repeats that process!

Are you using origional CDs? It sounds like it is not able to read the disc.
>
>#2 I have fitted an Apline 600 cd changer in the boot the
>lead that came with it does not fit the stereo (it's too
>big). The original volvo wiring for a cd changer is in the
>boot but it too wont fit as it's connector is too small for
>the alpine changer, which is very strange as the volvo head
>unit is an alpine with a volvo badge!

You will need an adaptor.
>
>#3 The automatic aireal only goes up 1 section, are they
>meant to or should it go up more?

They should go all the way up. Try 'helping' it by pulling it up all the way be hand. It's probably dirty or bent but you can get a replacement mast for not a lot of money (mine cost about £25 fitted from my main dealer).

PS

I thought the C70 with premium sound came with a diverse aerial mounted in the reab bumper?

pettaw Jun 23rd, 2002 21:13

have you tried to clean the lens, a domestic CD lens cleaner should be fine and follow the instructions.

Andy

SG Jun 23rd, 2002 23:17

Don't know I'm afraid.

I went through exactly the same thing with the Alpine changer. You need to get a bus-convertor. The unfortunate thing is that the converter is designed to plug in at the the head-unit so you still need to run an additional cable between the boot and the head-unit. I couldn't find a way through the rear bulk-head - the simplest way seemed to be to run it up through the C-pillar, along the roof and then down the A-pillar. The existing cable is terminated in a mini-DIN8 connector that has had its locating keys moved (just to be awkward). If you can find a suitable DIN adaptor (I couldn't) you might be able to bodge things to fit the convertor in the boot and use the existing cable. (Note the convertor also needs a 12V supply). I gave up in the end.

Mine does exactly the same thing. Having freed it, you'll probably need to adjust the bracket supporting the aerial motor to ensure a decent seal around the rubber grommet in the wing.

I don't think the diversity aerial was fitted to the 98MY. (Neither was home-safe lighting in case you've been looking).

One other C70 tip. Make sure the seatbelts are fully retracted before you close the doors. The buckles have a nasty habit of jamming in the door panels. I've done it twice. Luckily the panel wasn't punctured and it 'recovered' after a couple of days in the sun.

Scott

Bashy Jun 24th, 2002 08:15

Hi all

Much appreciated thanks!
Anyone else with ideas?

Regards

Martin Chadwick
Bashy
98 C70 GT T5

Cypher007 Jun 24th, 2002 10:04

the aerial should go all the way, mine did the same thing when i bought my car second hand. i found pulling it hard when you turn on the head unit usually works, then clean it with a cloth and add a small drop of fine machine/bycle oil, dont get it on the paint work!. all it is is the old duffers that drive these cars from new never like to listen to that horrible din from the radio, so the aerial gets sticky.