Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=170)
-   -   D5 S80 exec 2011 for sale (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=319080)

DaveMitch Aug 10th, 2021 09:18

D5 S80 exec 2011 for sale

Volve D80 D5 exec 2011 gear-tronic auto with polestar upgrade in ‘magic blue’ with beige nappa leather interior. All usual toys inc ventilated seats & premium audio.
156k miles. In very good condition for age & miles. Couple of minor dings ( quoted £250 by local body shop to sort out ) couple of minor marks on the 18 spoke wheel rims ( 18” wheels ) . One tyre requires imminent replacement; remaining three all good. Plenty of wear left in the break pads
Cam + aux belts have been changed on schedule. Oill etc due change in next few thousand miles.
£600-£800 would return this vehicle from v good to immaculate.
Company car forces sale, any reasonable offer considered.

DaveMitch Oct 4th, 2021 13:04

Hi All,

Need to move this on..if anyone can match 'the car buying groups' offer of £1976-00 then its yours

Org Oct 6th, 2021 05:48

PM me with contact number I don't have enough posts to PM you

spottedhaggis Oct 8th, 2021 09:02

is this still available, and do you have any way for me to pay by credit card lol.

Zeddicus Oct 8th, 2021 10:30

If you trust each other, a credit card can be set up as a payment method in Paypal. There are a number of pitfalls with that payment method, though...

Kev0607 Oct 8th, 2021 11:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by spottedhaggis (Post 2776182)
is this still available, and do you have any way for me to pay by credit card lol.

Why not go & view the car first before doing the deal? You’re in Maidstone… that’s maybe an hour & a half from London driving & roughly the same by train (possibly even less). Unless there’s a genuine reason, I fail to see why you wouldn’t travel to have a look. Its practically on your doorstep. :confused_smile:

spottedhaggis Oct 8th, 2021 13:47

Im in Dartford, I was in Maidstone but relocated after a split with the ex. and my car died 2 days ago so I am without transport, but for a few lady friends that volunteer to take me places.

I assumed buying from the forum would hopefully mean getting a good and safer deal?

spottedhaggis Oct 8th, 2021 13:48

be good to see a few pics too

spottedhaggis Oct 8th, 2021 13:50

I can do a bank transfer instead.

Kev0607 Oct 8th, 2021 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by spottedhaggis (Post 2776263)
Im in Dartford, I was in Maidstone but relocated after a split with the ex. and my car died 2 days ago so I am without transport, but for a few lady friends that volunteer to take me places.

I assumed buying from the forum would hopefully mean getting a good and safer deal?

Selling to fellow community members/enthusiasts is a nice thing to do. By no means am I implying that this isn’t a genuine car or a genuine seller, but I’d still like to see it the vehicle in person, or as a very minimum see some pictures at least.

Each to their own, but I wouldn’t buy a car without seeing it. I know people do & that’s their choice, but it wouldn’t be an approach I’d take personally. Your current circumstances won’t make viewing the car easy, but maybe one of your lady friends could give you a lift if you give them some fuel money, or jump on a train? Or arrange a meeting place with the seller possibly?