Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   700/900 Series Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=176)
-   -   Free blast cabinet (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=326133)

827Roverman Jun 21st, 2022 16:24

Free blast cabinet

5 Attachment(s)
Free to anyone who can make good use of it.
I made this blast cbinet a good few years ago to blast clean all the parts of the vintage lawnmowers I used to restore, it is quite a solid thing made from 3/4" and 1/2" plywood, I ran it from my compressor, it has an internal light to help see what your doing, I fitted an electric extract fan off a old heating boiler which exracts about 80% of the dust whilst working, I connected a plastic tumble dryer tube to take the extracted dust down into a old waste bin, It is also on castors so it can be moved around, I used glass media, which when in use most of it but not all, falls into the bucket below ready for reuse, that what remained inside I just reached in with a handbrush and brushed it down into the bucket,
It stands at 57" high, 41" wide, 20" wide inside, just over 15" high at the front internally, and 21" high at the back internally, So it will take quite large items,
The gloves are almost new, The glass viewing panel is laminated glass and needs to be replaced (just undo a few screws) it is now cracked and etched due to use (cost about £25 last time I replaced it) The blast gun still works quite well, but it has had a lot of use (only cheap on ebay)
So there you have it, ITS FOR FREE, I need it gone within the next couple of weeks or it goes in a skip. I am based in OLDHAM OL9, message me or email me if interested, david.mary827@hotmail.com.

827Roverman Jun 24th, 2022 13:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by 827Roverman (Post 2830395)
Free to anyone who can make good use of it.
I made this blast cbinet a good few years ago to blast clean all the parts of the vintage lawnmowers I used to restore, it is quite a solid thing made from 3/4" and 1/2" plywood, I ran it from my compressor, it has an internal light to help see what your doing, I fitted an electric extract fan off a old heating boiler which exracts about 80% of the dust whilst working, I connected a plastic tumble dryer tube to take the extracted dust down into a old waste bin, It is also on castors so it can be moved around, I used glass media, which when in use most of it but not all, falls into the bucket below ready for reuse, that what remained inside I just reached in with a handbrush and brushed it down into the bucket,
It stands at 57" high, 41" wide, 20" wide inside, just over 15" high at the front internally, and 21" high at the back internally, So it will take quite large items,
The gloves are almost new, The glass viewing panel is laminated glass and needs to be replaced (just undo a few screws) it is now cracked and etched due to use (cost about £25 last time I replaced it) The blast gun still works quite well, but it has had a lot of use (only cheap on ebay)
So there you have it, ITS FOR FREE, I need it gone within the next couple of weeks or it goes in a skip. I am based in OLDHAM OL9, message me or email me if interested, david.mary827@hotmail.com.

HOW STUPID OF ME !! I GAVE THE WRONG EMAIL ADDRESS, IT IS david.mary827@outlook.com

827Roverman Jun 26th, 2022 16:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by 827roverman (Post 2830855)
how stupid of me !! I gave the wrong email address, it is david.mary827@outlook.com

now gone to a club member.

Steve 940 Jun 27th, 2022 16:00

Glad it's gone to a new home, recently bought a small cabinet off fleabay and seem to blasting anything I can lay my hands on now😀

Rather therapeutic way to waste a few hours cleaning up various parts.

Trouble is I'm now looking at larger compressor to keep up with cabinet👍

Cheers
Steve