Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   General: £4k 1999 t5 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=315808)

4x4 Apr 8th, 2021 07:45

On the subject of expensive 850s what about this? CLICK

Gonzobard Apr 8th, 2021 09:17

Whilst virtually everyone who views that car thinks it is expensive it only takes one person to think it is reasonable and buy it. Dealers who ask ‘top dollar’ understand cars such as these will take time to sell, they are obviously happy to sit on them for long periods of time. If they wanted a quick sale they would price accordingly. Their choice.

XCR Apr 8th, 2021 11:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by XC90Mk1 (Post 2726768)
The thing that astonishes me with all these vehicles is that they just do not sell, they don’t.

Erm, they do. I sold it in January.
Within 6 hours of the ad going live I had six VERY interested parties.
Unseen, and on the strength of one phone call the guy transferred the agreed sum into my account.
You see just how wrong you can be ?
The thing that astonishes me is the sweeping generalisations and negative attitudes on this forum.

XC90Mk1 Apr 8th, 2021 11:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by XCR (Post 2726826)
Erm, they do. I sold it in January.
Within 6 hours of the ad going live I had six VERY interested parties.
Unseen, and on the strength of one phone call the guy transferred the agreed sum into my account.
You see just how wrong you can be ?
The thing that astonishes me is the sweeping generalisations and negative attitudes on this forum.

You sold the brown v90 at £4,995 is that right?

Interesting to hear, perhaps I am out of touch yes. 🙂

DSK Apr 8th, 2021 11:26

To be honest, for that sort of money and a little more, I'd be looking at a R model be it in the form of an 850 or S/V70, with strong history, low owners in nigh on standard form.

JohnM 855 T5R Apr 8th, 2021 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4x4 (Post 2726772)
On the subject of expensive 850s what about this? CLICK

I'm of the opinion that this will make it's money. £9K for what is essentially a "new" Volvo 850 will strongly appeal to the right sort of collector, irrespective of whether its a 2.5, T5, R, GLT or CD. It's a real automotive rarity. Yes, it might take time to sell but someone out there will want it.

Now, where's me chequebook lol.

John

XCR Apr 8th, 2021 15:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by XC90Mk1 (Post 2726831)
You sold the brown v90 at £4,995 is that right?

Interesting to hear, perhaps I am out of touch yes. 🙂

Nope. Try to keep up at the back.

Mkengineering Apr 8th, 2021 15:22

Everyone should calm down Haha. Its become abit bitchy 😅.

But as mentioned before it all depends on,what the new potential owner would want to pay really.

Obviously everyone knows what I think, that I think its absolutely stupid to pay pay that sort of money. But there are people who are willing to do that.

XCR Apr 8th, 2021 15:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mkengineering (Post 2726888)
Everyone should calm down Haha. Its become abit bitchy 😅.

But as mentioned before it all depends on,what the new potential owner would want to pay really.

Obviously everyone knows what I think, that I think its absolutely stupid to pay pay that sort of money. But there are people who are willing to do that.

Not a bit.
I'm laughing my head off at some of the expert spouting...and the stating of the bloody obvious....

Its like when you are a bit lost and you stop someone for directions. Never will you get 'nope, sorry, ask someone else' instead you get the village idiot who umms and arr's and gazes at the sky as they have a bash at 'helping you out....'

XC90Mk1 Apr 8th, 2021 15:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by XCR (Post 2726886)
Nope. Try to keep up at the back.

I don’t actually know what you are talking about? You make no address from the posts as to what you sold.

I am not trying to be ‘funny’ but if you don’t want to tell me what you sold for what then clearly you don’t have to.

I am currently in the market for a 960 and would rather pay a decent price for a decent car than ‘cheap out’ and pay 2k for moon miles. In my opinion some are just a little too high priced.