Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   700/900 Series General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Hazard light cover group buy (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=321173)

360beast Nov 3rd, 2021 17:05

Hazard light cover group buy

My wife's cousin lives in Germany and a few times a year he drives over, I have asked him if I can organise a group buy of hazard light covers then would he be happy for me to get them posted to his and then he brings them over the next time he drives over and he said yes.

So please put your name down and the quantity you would like, I will have to let everyone know the final price after everyone has told me how many they want, I won't be making any money off of anyone, I'm doing this purely to help fellow 7/900 owners.

He said he is most likely coming over Easter next year so people would have to be willing to wait until then to receive them.

ukvolvo Nov 3rd, 2021 17:58

Youll be asking for payment in crypto next, sounds fishy to me :laughing-smiley-003

I am just joking of course:cool:

volvo always Nov 3rd, 2021 21:42

Hi Luke, put me down for 1 as a spare.

I remember looking and found postage shocking, more than the cost of the item.

James:thumbs_up:

940volvoman Nov 3rd, 2021 22:33

Hopefully you will excuse my ignorance when I ask what is a Hazard Light Cover?

Moomoo Nov 3rd, 2021 22:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by 940volvoman (Post 2782418)
Hopefully you will excuse my ignorance when I ask what is a Hazard Light Cover?

Oh, I'm glad you asked, 'cos I don't know either!:confused_smile:

Laird Scooby Nov 3rd, 2021 23:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moomoo (Post 2782424)
Oh, I'm glad you asked, 'cos I don't know either!:confused_smile:

https://www.swedishcarparts.com/uplo...3/c125f869.jpg

It be one of they Andrew - don't worry, 240s don't have them! :nah: (Or at least didn't last time i drove one) They're 7/9xx models only but facelifted 760s don't have them either and i believe, neither do 960s for the same reason that the hazard warning switch is a traditional rocker switch in the dash that also contains the flasher relay. If memory serves, 240s have a larger rocker switch in the upper centre console and a separate flasher relay elsewhere but the 7/940 models have the hazard warning switch built into the indicator/flasher stalk on the steering column. Like many cars with a similar arrangement, the cap tends to be somewhat fragile and the lugs on it get broken all too easily. It used to be an MoT failure, presumably still is. I know Ford ones 25 years ago used to break for fun, used to keep them in stock as it was always hand yo be able to help a customer pass their MoT.

In fact the Ford cap isn't that different to the Volvo one, i've often wondered if they're interchangeable.............. :thinking:

Moomoo Nov 4th, 2021 07:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laird Scooby (Post 2782430)
https://www.swedishcarparts.com/uplo...3/c125f869.jpg

It be one of they Andrew - don't worry, 240s don't have them! :nah: (Or at least didn't last time i drove one) They're 7/9xx models only but facelifted 760s don't have them either and i believe, neither do 960s for the same reason that the hazard warning switch is a traditional rocker switch in the dash that also contains the flasher relay. If memory serves, 240s have a larger rocker switch in the upper centre console and a separate flasher relay elsewhere but the 7/940 models have the hazard warning switch built into the indicator/flasher stalk on the steering column. Like many cars with a similar arrangement, the cap tends to be somewhat fragile and the lugs on it get broken all too easily. It used to be an MoT failure, presumably still is. I know Ford ones 25 years ago used to break for fun, used to keep them in stock as it was always hand yo be able to help a customer pass their MoT.

In fact the Ford cap isn't that different to the Volvo one, i've often wondered if they're interchangeable.............. :thinking:

Thank you for that, kind sir! I must admit I don't remember them on my 740 or 940.

Oh dear, I've reached that age!:eek:

Forrest Nov 4th, 2021 13:41

I'll take one as a spare assuming the final price is under the 15 EUR it would cost to tack one onto a future Skandix order. Thanks for organising this Luke.

360beast Nov 4th, 2021 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forrest (Post 2782527)
I'll take one as a spare assuming the final price is under the 15 EUR it would cost to tack one onto a future Skandix order. Thanks for organising this Luke.

That's alright :)

It would be the cost of the part plus postage from here so about £3-£4 for postage. Let me know if you still want one :)

Forrest Nov 4th, 2021 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by 360beast (Post 2782543)
That's alright :)

It would be the cost of the part plus postage from here so about £3-£4 for postage. Let me know if you still want one :)

Yes please!