Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   eCall is malfunctioning , SOS Error , Key not detected (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=321775)

flacau Nov 28th, 2021 15:26

eCall is malfunctioning , SOS Error , Key not detected

2 Attachment(s)
Hey guys,

Just received my MY22 XC 60 T8 48 hours ago.
After letting the car to charge, in the morning i started pre-conditioning the car from the Volvo Cars app, got in the car and the error 'eCall is malfunctioning',
Red SOS icon on dashboard, On call button is not lit anymore.

When i try to start the car it shows "Key not detected", if i put the key in the cup holder it starts.

Changed battery on the remote, no dice, now I cannot lock the car, any button I press on the remote has no result.

I reseted the infotainment system, no luck...

Does someone encountered this situation?

nu11eaf Nov 28th, 2021 17:20

Ensure battery is the correct way up in the fob and try another battery.

flacau Nov 28th, 2021 17:28

The battery in the fob is placed correctly, now the gps stopped working and wifi not finding networks.

nu11eaf Nov 28th, 2021 19:43

Looks like a trip back to the dealers to sort it out. Hopefully it will just be a software glitch and quickly sorted out and hope you then have a long trouble free ownership and enjoy your car.

flacau Nov 29th, 2021 12:05

Just to keep you updated, went to the dealer, the car was in work for about 4 hours, different types of software resets , 12v battery unplugged, nothing worked.

The conclusion was that the TCAM module mounted under the "shark tale" is busted, not in stock, order for a new part placed no estimated date ...

volvo s60 2001 Nov 29th, 2021 12:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by flacau (Post 2788986)
Just to keep you updated, went to the dealer, the car was in work for about 4 hours, different types of software resets , 12v battery unplugged, nothing worked.

The conclusion was that the TCAM module mounted under the "shark tale" is busted, not in stock, order for a new part placed no estimated date ...

It is probably Chinese quality part lol

Mossy1986 Dec 3rd, 2021 17:54

Any update. Same problem here!!

Hello, just wondering if you had an update on this please. Had my new XC40 for 48 hours and EXACTLY the same issue. Just waiting for a Volvo Assist technician to come to the house

milzibkit Dec 3rd, 2021 18:42

We picked a new V90 up recently and had the same eCall/SoS message for a couple of days...but then it fixed itself. We had sat nav the whole time and no issue with keys.

The app however doesn't work and I wondered if it was related. Volvo UK acknowledged there are problems with the app and "hope" for an update to the app software next week.

AirCooled Dec 3rd, 2021 19:22

Had my V90 delivered Wednesday, the car internet refuses to connect, having multiple 'GPS signal lost' messages, google assistant occasionally reverts to an american accent. It really isn't good enough for a £46K car...:Not_Impressed:

Philip Fisher Dec 3rd, 2021 22:54

This is just like 2016 all over again.

History doesn't repeat but it often rhymes.