Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=170)
-   -   V70 T6 Polestar AWD R Design re-listed (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=244963)

Nick44 Feb 17th, 2016 16:40

V70 T6 Polestar AWD R Design re-listed

13 Attachment(s)
Hi All,
I’m relisting this as a new fresh start.
Here is my 2010 V70 T6 Polestar R-Design, finished in Oyster Grey pearlesence. I have owned this for 3 years.
The car is presented as virtually showroom condition, with a full comprehensive Volvo service history, and 50,300 miles on the clock. It won best in class at the Southern BKV last year.
Car is low miles, but has been serviced at correct year intervals rather than miles run, so all the things like cabin filters get done too, last service was 108,000 interval but miles run is just 50,000
Next service due 1st March 2017, next MOT due 1st March 2017.
So nothing to spend except petrol for a whole year
All service receipts available, Polestar certificate held. Car has never wanted for a penny spent.
Professionally valeted monthly since my ownership using AutoGlym products.
All alloys refurbished by AlloyTech, with 12 month warranty.
Car is offered including Volvo roof bars, Volvo Bluetooth phone system, Volvo luggage nets, and a Volvo personalised number plate, and Volvo Roadside/recovery until March 2017.
Mint and virtually spotless from top to bottom, inside and out.
It will need some tyres soon, currently fitted with Pirelli P6000 rubber, but I know how fussy some owners are about tyres so I’d rather tell you it will need some soon rather than put rubber on that others may want to change. ( O’err Missus – mind your language)
Any Inspection welcome, HPI clear, very,very rare car and a joy to drive.
£12,000 and it’s yours, and cheap at that money.
High Definition photos available here:-
http://s393.photobucket.com/user/nick4410/library/
If you love your performance Volvo’s – look no further.

savabill Feb 18th, 2016 16:01

Looks a very nice car. How much is the Road Tax on this car?

Nick44 Feb 19th, 2016 09:21

Are you sitting down?
:(
£505 a year.
I pay DVLA on monthly Direct Debit @ £43.

stu440 Feb 20th, 2016 00:43

I guess that's how much 12 months is on my XC70 T6. Just paid the 6 months when i bought it so it doesn't clash with the MOT.
I try not to worry too much about tax, i think of the extra couple of hundred quid as just a few tanks of fuel.
Can't do much about it so may as well bury my head in the sand...

Anyway Nick - did you get the Polestar upgrade done? Did it make a noticeable difference? Do Volvo need to do anything to the gearbox to handle the extra power?

Lovely car btw.
Stuart.

Nick44 Feb 20th, 2016 10:35

Hi Stuart,
Yes, I had the Polestar done, as you know the T6 is no slouch anyway, but yes it made an enormous difference.
It's not just the extra power, but the sheer driveability of it. The power band starts much lower down and just goes on for ever. :)
Funny enough it changed my driving habits in the opposite way. Now I know I can walk all over almost anything else on the road I just don't bother anymore and tootle along quite happily with nothing to prove, but, it does put an massive grin on my face when I do put my foot down and watch the startled look on the face of the souped up Corsa laddie with his baseball cap on backwards. :)

stu440 Feb 21st, 2016 00:07

That's what it's all about!
What's the extra bhp? about 40? From what you say it sounds like it's more likely the extra torque that you notice.

Silly question but what's the affect on mpg - i'm averaging 24 ish.

Nick44 Feb 21st, 2016 10:55

Figures are:-
Original = 285 HP Polestar = 315
210 Kw / 232 Kw
400 Nm 480 Nm
so HP increase is 30, Kw is 21, but torque goes up by 80 Nm.

I hasn't made a bit of difference to fuel consumption.

My Insurance did go up though, by a massive £1.38p
Yes, that's not a typo. £1.38p :)

stu440 Feb 21st, 2016 16:40

Sounds like a healthy increase.
Do you mind if i ask who you're insured with?
My insurance doubled going from my 99 T5, i was shocked.
Figured at my age (54) it wouldn't make much difference. Doh!
Crazy really, yes i know it's a more valuable car but there's so many 'safety' features on these newer cars, what can possibly go wrong?
So i will shop around when it's due for renewal.

Nick44 Feb 22nd, 2016 09:33

The Underwriters are Insurance GB, and I alternate between Nat West Bank and Churchill.
I Pay £430 including full business use, and all the whizzt bits like legal, hire car,etc.

Nick44 Mar 10th, 2016 14:24

Price Reduced!

Insurance runs out end of March, and I don't want to renew or SORN her.

Make me a sensible offer.