Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   700/900 Series General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   !!! Stolen galaxy wheel !!! (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=157516)

Steve Curtis Jul 10th, 2012 19:05

!!! Stolen galaxy wheel !!!

Just a word of warning to all on the forum.

I have just had my storage robbed!

I suspect it was two fella's from the Southampton area whom I sold my BMW 535 to on Friday. I also offered them a set of BBS wheels of BMW fitment. This set of 17 inch BBS RX's and my spare galaxy have now gone missing so I suspect they doubled back and swiped them after I left. It seems to much of a coincidence that a set of wheels which have literally been standing there for years disappeared a few days after being shown to some one and nothing else has been touched. I can't prove it was them but seems likely.

Anyway they also took my spare Galaxy! Its pretty scruffy and the Tyre is knackered so once they figure out it won't fit on a BMW it will probably get tossed out :-(

If how ever, anyone happens to see one 16 inch Volvo alloy/galaxy for sale in the Southampton area please let me know.

jpliddy Jul 10th, 2012 20:43

940 tdi auto 1995

sorry to here that steve
we had a chat in all the rain at last years meeting .

volvoz2000 Jul 10th, 2012 21:46

sadly I would imagine it was just taken for scrap... about a tenners worth. The last Sports I bought to break had no spare so I asked what happened to it, and suprise suprise the idiot had let one of his members of staff take the tyre off and put it in the scrap.... luckily for me I fished it out!

britishmade1975 Jul 10th, 2012 23:04

sorry to hear that i too a few years ago sold a bouncy castle from my lock up and went back a few days later and my gererater and tools were all stolen trust no one any more

Neoott Jul 10th, 2012 23:56

That's really bad to hear that mate. Have you informed the police that you believe it was that car/people?
Might give them a lead atleast.

rogerthechorister Jul 11th, 2012 00:38

Me too (sort of)

Yes, I had some bar stewards nick an M46, an M90, and five Pholus - it's the thought of them being melted down that REALLY rankles.

Steve Curtis Jul 15th, 2012 00:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neoott (Post 1204861)
That's really bad to hear that mate. Have you informed the police that you believe it was that car/people?
Might give them a lead atleast.

I did think about it but I have to admit its all a bit circumstantial and I don't believe the police will do anything about it.

Strangely the guy who bought the 535 rang me today to ask me if I was interested in buying it back as apparently he can't get it insured due to his age. (not so crazy as I had originally purchased it as a donor to do a manual gear box conversion into my E24 635)

I can't make up my mind now if I think it was him or his mate or not at all. If it was either of them and he knows thats some balls to call me. I offered him back about £100 less than he gave me for it claiming the rear crank seal has gone on my 940 which is actually true (no, i"m not having a good week) and I couldn't afford any more. He said no so I upped my offer to £60 less. Over £60 he wouldn't except the deal.

Not sure if he's really stubborn or if he feels giving away in ground might make him look guilty.

Who knows, I'm gonna be thinking about it for weeks.

david philips Jul 15th, 2012 08:40

a lot of co instances

seems very strange for them to ring you back , if it was me i would suspect the buyer of ringing to see if you would say anything about the wheels.

but with no prove all you can do is be more careful in future and don't make a bad situation worse by openly blaming anyone. :car:

Neoott Jul 15th, 2012 10:32

This is when you buy the car back and it comes with the wheels that were stolen fitted to it lol

david philips Jul 15th, 2012 11:58

even worse

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neoott (Post 1207369)
This is when you buy the car back and it comes with the wheels that were stolen fitted to it lol

even worse if you where to buy it back and find he had replaced the gearbox with a faulty one or something, have no more dealings with the buyer.