Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   400 Series General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   440 for sale 6 month mot starts first time drives mint (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=307019)

Steven H Jun 16th, 2020 02:21

440 for sale 6 month mot starts first time drives mint

FOR SALE 1996 440
6/12 month MOT (not including government extra 6 month)
starts first time every time drives excellent
Had loads of work done last year all receipts there, new discs, new water pump time belt, new exhaust much more.
Very rare car that still is on the roads today.
For more info, pictures etc please drop me a message
Newcastle area

£895 or very near offer no rush to selling so no silly offers please

dcw Jun 16th, 2020 09:18

Gentle and well-meant suggestion...don't make prospective buyers work too hard from the off. As your post stands it is a car I might be interested in, but it doesn't tell me colour, trim level, I can't see a registration to look at the MOT history, and I can't even have the most initial view of the car.

I appreciate I could if I contact you, but as a new member you won't be able to PM me back (minimum number of posts needed). Many people won't want to give you personal contact details when only at the stage of a first look...

So I'd suggest put up a few more details, plus a few photos - that will catch people's attention far better and greatly improve your chances of selling what is generally a "niche interest" car these days.

As I say, no offence intended but just some friendly suggestions.

Good luck

David

Steven H Jun 16th, 2020 21:13

Hi, thanks for reply...
New to the site I’ll upload some photos ASAP once I figure it out.
The registration of the car is ... N391 WJM

dcw Jun 16th, 2020 21:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven H (Post 2639602)
Hi, thanks for reply...
New to the site I’ll upload some photos ASAP once I figure it out.
The registration of the car is ... N391 WJM

Great - look forward to seeing them in due course...

All the best

David

Steven H Jun 16th, 2020 21:39

Hi, it won’t let me upload the photos I think their too big for the site or something I’m struggling with this ha do you have an email address I can send them too or a mobile number ?

XCR Jun 16th, 2020 21:47

You need to first upload them to an image hosting site. I recommend imgur.
This then generates code that you copy and paste into your post here.

Dibble Jun 16th, 2020 22:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven H (Post 2639614)
Hi, it won’t let me upload the photos I think their too big for the site or something I’m struggling with this ha do you have an email address I can send them too or a mobile number ?

I have great difficulty in uploading pictures on this site and I no longer try. But your pics are probably too big.

XCR Jun 16th, 2020 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dibble (Post 2639623)
I have great difficulty in uploading pictures on this site and I no longer try. But your pics are probably too big.

Its a piece of cake.
Take picture.
Upload it to your computer.
Upload it to the imgur site (others are available)
Click on the image and to the right of it will appear a selection of codes
Right at the bottom is 'Sizes' select 'Large thumbnail' then copy the code shown at the bottom of the list which is 'Linked BB Code'

Paste this into the text of your post.

Steven H Jun 16th, 2020 22:25

I don’t have a computer, I’m using my mobile phone. Thanks for your help anyways 😊 I just thought I’d try sell it to a fellow Volvo enthusiast before the usual selling sites.

dcw Jun 17th, 2020 11:25

Thanks Steven, for both the post and the visitor message.

I have PM'd you with an e-mail address that you could send some photos to if you are willing to. I should add that I am by no means saying I will be buying the car, but I am genuinely interested in it so please don't think I am just wasting your time.

Had a quick look at the MOT history - looks pretty good, with the main issue being the perennial battle against rear-end rust which is the Achilles' heel of all 400 series cars. Why Volvo couldn't get that right is beyond me!!

Looking at the last fail then pass, I take it that the necessary welding was done in order to secure the pass?

Look forward to hearing from you

Best

David