Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Events and Meetings (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Uttoxeter (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=317668)

Fergie35 Jul 8th, 2021 13:08

Gates open at 9am.

It's free to everybody but you need to be a VOC member to enter the BKV (Best Kept Volvo) competition.

You can join the VOC at a reduced price of £30 on the day.

Entries for the competition close at 1pm.

All cars will be on hard standing this year.

We look forward to seeing everybody on Sunday.

Jaki Ragg

classicswede Jul 8th, 2021 15:20

Looking forward to Sunday, I will be in something interesting as usual

JamesV70R Jul 8th, 2021 17:05

Apologies - my wording was slightly off! Glad to see Jaki has been in and cleared it up :)

James

Dippydog Jul 8th, 2021 20:30

Thank you for the clarification.All things being equal i shall be there in the 960 saloon and my step daughter will be bringing my V70.

J liddy Jul 9th, 2021 06:43

Yes always been FREE entry great day out

john.wigley Jul 11th, 2021 13:10

Glad we made the effort. Capacity crowd and a great atmosphere, even the rain has stayed elsewhere so far! Thanks to all who had a part in planning, organising or staging the event!

Regards, John.

bigfootandy Jul 11th, 2021 16:47

I went to this event this morning, having never been to a Volvo club rally before, sadly I shall never be going to another, we turned up early not in a Volvo, (currently restoring an Amazon) the steward on the entrance was at best ignorant and rude, I’ve been a member of many classic car clubs throughout the years and can honestly say that was the least friendly reception I’ve ever received!
Shame….

Simmy Jul 11th, 2021 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigfootandy (Post 2752492)
I went to this event this morning, having never been to a Volvo club rally before, sadly I shall never be going to another, we turned up early not in a Volvo, (currently restoring an Amazon) the steward on the entrance was at best ignorant and rude, I’ve been a member of many classic car clubs throughout the years and can honestly say that was the least friendly reception I’ve ever received!
Shame….

dont let the attitude of one person deter you from going to volvo meets all the ones i have attended have been great . i was accepted and welcomed by lots of folk who have become good friends . try a local group there are lots of them .some groups are involved with others in the north west and all seem to get on with it very well we are one big volvo family :regular_smile:

ITSv40 Jul 11th, 2021 19:19

1 Attachment(s)
Just home from Uttoxeter and want to thank all the organisers for an excellent day. Made most welcome by many folks and the icing on the cake was my C70 coming second in its class.
Awaiting judgement. Photo courtesy of Stephen Evans.

volvo always Jul 11th, 2021 20:34

A good afternoon. Nice to chat to like minded owners. Bought some oil filters and had a sausage cob!

I drove in the other entrance and no sign of anyone or signage! Spotted 2 volvos in distance and Lady on reception, so found the right place.

Thanks to the organisers, a nice afternoon and the weather held. A very good turn out. Plenty of 900, 960 and odd 740 series.

James:thumbs_up: