Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   x40 S1 Wants (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Wanted Hazard Warning Switch (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=305601)

CharlesStevenson Apr 28th, 2020 14:12

Wanted Hazard Warning Switch

As per the title, the switch on my car's died, in the on position with the lights flashing, so I've temporarily fixed it with a strip of duck tape across the front to keep it switched off for now.

However, I think I'll need to replace it since I don't think the MOT tester will appreciate my 'modification' to Volvo's design, so does anyone have a working switch for sale?

A quick look on ebay showed the only ones listed were around £30 - £40 (what!?) and for that price I could buy a dozen rolls of ducktape to use until the MOT falls due at the end of Nov.

My car's a 2000 year series 2 but I believe the same part is used on S1 and S2 cars.

Thanks

P156KWJ Apr 28th, 2020 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlesStevenson (Post 2623689)
As per the title, the switch on my car's died, in the on position with the lights flashing, so I've temporarily fixed it with a strip of duck tape across the front to keep it switched off for now.

However, I think I'll need to replace it since I don't think the MOT tester will appreciate my 'modification' to Volvo's design, so does anyone have a working switch for sale?

A quick look on ebay showed the only ones listed were around £30 - £40 (what!?) and for that price I could buy a dozen rolls of ducktape to use until the MOT falls due at the end of Nov.

My car's a 2000 year series 2 but I believe the same part is used on S1 and S2 cars.

Thanks

They are indeed expensive on eBay, I had one not long ago that eventually sold to someone in Portugal who was prepared to pay a fiver then £20 postage so they must be even more scarce there!

If I'm ever at a breakers yard now with an S/V40 I'm sure to pick them up as they are the sort of item a scrapper doesn't want more than a few quid for but are worth more. Obviously at the minute they are all closed but I'd help out if I could! Hope you find one soon.

CharlesStevenson Apr 29th, 2020 14:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by P156KWJ (Post 2623798)
They are indeed expensive on eBay, I had one not long ago that eventually sold to someone in Portugal who was prepared to pay a fiver then £20 postage so they must be even more scarce there!

If I'm ever at a breakers yard now with an S/V40 I'm sure to pick them up as they are the sort of item a scrapper doesn't want more than a few quid for but are worth more. Obviously at the minute they are all closed but I'd help out if I could! Hope you find one soon.

Thanks for that - I noticed that a previous poster on here was parting out their car and their switch sold for around £6 +p&p, so they do go for less.

Seems like the ducktape'll be on the dashboard for a few weeks, at least.

P156KWJ Apr 30th, 2020 12:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlesStevenson (Post 2624001)
Thanks for that - I noticed that a previous poster on here was parting out their car and their switch sold for around £6 +p&p, so they do go for less.

Seems like the ducktape'll be on the dashboard for a few weeks, at least.

PM'd you mate

CharlesStevenson Apr 30th, 2020 22:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by P156KWJ (Post 2624244)
PM'd you mate

Hi, thanks, only just replied - delayed due to odd work hours and children on my PC.

CharlesStevenson May 7th, 2020 12:52

Switched now rec'd, courtesy of P156KWJ.

Cheers for that.

s40t4trowsdale May 7th, 2020 23:28

I have one that i was going to use on another car that i no longer have, if any helps

CharlesStevenson May 15th, 2020 19:39

Thanks s40t4trowsdale but I'm now sorted.

Best keep hold of your spare one - never know when they're going to go u/s.