Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   x40 S1 Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   Panama Yellow V40 2.0 Turbo for sale (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=322787)

baabaablaine Jan 14th, 2022 14:01

Panama Yellow V40 2.0 Turbo for sale

So I've purchased MiniNinjaRob's 940 from this forum which means that my V40 is for sale.

Its in everyone's(someone's) favourite colour and is in good but not immaculate condition.

2.0 turbo manual gearbox well maintained.
Approx 135250 miles and in daily use. MOT until march, past advisories predominantly plastic undertrays fitted.....

A folder with all recent receipts for work carried out. Some of which in the past 18 months are:
Timing belt and water pump.
Brakes all round and rear backplates.
Battery.
Mid exhaust.
Tyres etc.

It drives, stops, starts etc as designed 🙂

There is a small oil leak at the back of the engine, I suspect the rocker cover gasket, it's a job to do when the weather is nicer and warmer!

There is a bit of rust on the drivers door and some paint bubbling on the rear passenger quarter.
Also some tailgate damage on the top lip of the tailgate.
Some wear on the drivers seat.

Front speakers upgraded, also the boot CD changer is present and working.

I'm in Urmston.

I have plenty of pics in Google photos but will find a more accessible way to share them.

I've also attempted to attach some..

https://imgur.com/a/J0vE3lJ

And the price is £1234 🙂

Nick45 Jan 15th, 2022 19:09

I saw this on retrorides - very fair price. I hope it goes to a good home. Wish it could be mine :-)

baabaablaine Jan 15th, 2022 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick45 (Post 2800143)
I saw this on retrorides - very fair price. I hope it goes to a good home. Wish it could be mine :-)

Thanks, it was over in your neck of the woods on Thursday when looking at and buying the 940, it likes hills 😀😀

baabaablaine Jan 16th, 2022 06:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by foeism
Hi

Does the heated seats and air con work?
On both my previous s40s, the windscreen wiper started slipping, and rubbing on the bonnet. Are yours ok?

Totally agree about the colour, you either love it or hate it!

Thanks
Marc

Hello Marc,. I can't reply to PM's hence the post here.

The heated seats work, my partner has a vocal feedback system if her side does not work!

I don't know how effective the Aircon is on cooling due to the time of year, the green light comes on when pressed and it does clear quicker. One minor critisim I do have is that it's not the strongest on the windscreen setting.

I can see that the drivers side wiper has caught on the bonnet edge in the past when opening the bonnet
The arm position on the drivers side has to be in a specific position to clear.

The prior owner had new arms put on and a good linkage fitted.

Kind regards Blaine

P.S.I've had a lot of time to get used to the colour as my friend has the same colour V40 for 15 years plus, it's also easy for my partner to find😀😀

foeism Jan 16th, 2022 15:06

Hi Blaine.
Thanks for the reply, I really do fancy it!

baabaablaine Jan 16th, 2022 16:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by foeism (Post 2800304)
Hi Blaine.
Thanks for the reply, I really do fancy it!

If it helps I'll do a straight swap for a set of Suzuki RG500 barrels and heads. 😁😂

I've misplaced my spare set.☹️

P.S. I'm fairly time rich...So if if a buyer wants it delivering after viewing and buying then it's possible....just need a train ticket home🖖

baabaablaine Jan 16th, 2022 23:31

I've also omitted to say that it has Full stamped service history, last service was at 133,355 miles.

I'm not cut out for selling..

foeism Jan 17th, 2022 14:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by baabaablaine (Post 2800417)
I've also omitted to say that it has Full stamped service history, last service was at 133,355 miles.

I'm not cut out for selling..

Hi Blaine
Do you have a number I can call you on?
Thanks

baabaablaine Jan 29th, 2022 16:12

Now SOLD

Thanks to all who contributed, the banana car has gone to a new home.

It was a pleasure to meet you Foeism.

I hope the children like it🙂

foeism Jan 29th, 2022 21:01

Thanks Blain and thanks again for your help and honesty.

Sailed home with no issues!