Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 Wants (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   C30 Front Bumper and Drivers Headlight (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=148383)

L44 lrn Mar 18th, 2012 20:13

C30 Front Bumper and Drivers Headlight

Hi Everyone!

I have just brought a C30 R-Design 59 Plate (pre-facelift) and I am in need of a front bumper and a drivers side headlight! (Colour is not a problem, but the car is white).

I have had my quotes from the dealership and I wondered if anyone knows of anyone selling either to try and save me hundreds! I can't respond to PM's yet, so if anyone can help me out on here, that'll be great. I have been in touch with a few breakers and the C30 front end must be the most rare thing ever to get hold of!

My boyfriend is checking ebay daily for me, but they all seem to be the facelift front!

Any help would be great!

SonyVaio Mar 18th, 2012 20:27

Your best bet is to look on ebay for them items or in the C30 for sale section.

Even if you can't get the right colour bumper the cost to respray shouldn't be too bad and certainly work out cheaper that dealer prices.

:star-wars-smiley-01

L44 lrn Mar 18th, 2012 20:31

I am not fussed about colour :) i'd want it all painting anyway to make sure it all matches etc. Yep, positive its pre-facelift. It's got what i'd call the 'non-pointy' headlights. I'd much prefer it to be the post-facelift!

We are stalking Ebay everyday. I'll keep checking on the sales as well.

Thanks for replying!

SonyVaio Mar 18th, 2012 20:55

If you like the new facelift more have you done any searches to find if the new facelift will bolt straight or not? Of course I have no idea either way but worth a look, especially as the facelift bits are available on ebay too.

:star-wars-smiley-01

L44 lrn Mar 18th, 2012 20:58

I'm not sure, I have toyed with the idea etc but I don't want to mess about if I need to change the wings etc and the rear bumper would look odd and then there's the case of explaining to the insurance companies and they'll just love upping my premium for 'modification'! :(

Daim Mar 18th, 2012 21:04

I've got a white bumper (Ice White/Polar White) which I don't need. I'm located in Germany, but I guess P&P to GB would be possible... Probably would exceed the price for the bumper...

Mine has the openings for the headlight washers...

L44 lrn Mar 18th, 2012 21:12

My car doesn't have washers. So that would be a problem!

Otherwise would have definitely looked into this!

L44 lrn Mar 19th, 2012 10:28

Does anyone happen to know if it's easy enough to fit washers to a car that didn't have them? Is it a case of getting the jets & pipework etc or do I need other bits too?

Daim is there any chance you could get me a price please?

Daim Mar 19th, 2012 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by L44 lrn (Post 1120073)
Does anyone happen to know if it's easy enough to fit washers to a car that didn't have them? Is it a case of getting the jets & pipework etc or do I need other bits too?

Daim is there any chance you could get me a price please?

Well, you can seal the washers. If you don't want them, your paint shop should be able to close the holes. I'd send the washer jet covers too...

I'll see what I can get for a price to send it over...

L44 lrn Mar 19th, 2012 20:35

Hi Daim

It's ok don't worry about it now, I had a call from a company I'd emailed earlier & they had a complete bumper & headlight so I got them from them.
Thanks very much for the help though :)