Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   300/66 Series General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Help (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=258696)

bernard Nov 1st, 2016 14:45

Help

Hey guys
Brought a 360 Volvo which has had a new fuel pump fitted
Which has gone noisy so my dad inspected it with intention of replacing and is a little concerned that it's fuel line pipes are hose clipped incase its high pressure

Does anyone know what type of fitting they have? Low pressure pump Push fit
Or high pressure jubelee?? ( he did say the other fitting but wasn't really paying a lot of attention)

The car is a 89 2.0 injection

Any help will be smashing

NI_Volvo_Nut Nov 1st, 2016 15:25

Are they not banjo bolts mounting to the pump? Assuming it's the 2.0 red block engine

mchudd Nov 1st, 2016 16:29

Hi mate.
I would go high pressure. I had a n 89 360 red block injection once. when changeing the filter, i didn't tighten it well enough and it
sqirted petrol all over the car and drive way LOL.
Cheers Mark.
:thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumb s_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

bernard Nov 1st, 2016 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by NI_Volvo_Nut (Post 2188899)
Are they not banjo bolts mounting to the pump? Assuming it's the 2.0 red block engine

I'm sure he said it's just a pump with hoses just pushed on with hose clips

We haven't entertained taking the pump off to see incase we can't reconnect it for any reason and it could be the wrong pump (the chap at meeting us half way to bring home for reason xyz too long a story to list said it had a new pump but was just a cheap £30 one ,probably an eBay special) ,as the car shares storage with a load of caravans and it's right next to the entrance on a slight incline

What's should it's hose connections be?

And I'm sure it's a red block engine by the colour of the engine block

bernard Nov 1st, 2016 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by bernard (Post 2188941)
I'm sure he said it's just a pump with hoses just pushed on with hose clips

We haven't entertained taking the pump off to see incase we can't reconnect it for any reason and it could be the wrong pump (the chap at meeting us half way to bring home for reason xyz too long a story to list said it had a new pump but was just a cheap £30 one ,probably an eBay special) ,as the car shares storage with a load of caravans and it's right next to the entrance on a slight incline

What's should it's hose connections be?

And I'm sure it's a red block engine by the colour of the engine block

Just got home and my dad has fully briefed me on the setup on the pressure side, it's got a pice of pipe joined by two hose clips to the pump and to the fuel line.
Sounds like it had a banjo on and was modified for this cheap pump so all need to know is if it's meant to have banjo bolts on the pump pressure side and if so it'll be needing a new fuel line

360beast Nov 1st, 2016 20:08

It is definitely a high pressure pump. I had to replace mine a few years ago but can't remember if it was push fit or banjo bolts.

It would be worth joining www.volvo300mania.com/forum-uk