Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   Volvo extended warranty (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=326545)

MacV50 Nov 2nd, 2022 18:27

I spoke to them about that as I was concerned I might get hit with hefty dealer fault finding costs. However, when I called they told me that their policy had been updated to cover ANY oil leak. Surprised the document still hasn't been updated online.

I can't recommend it enough

Ulrikas PA Nov 3rd, 2022 18:04

While waiting in the Volvo dealer for my V60 to be looked at, got talking to a chap with a same-age FSH XC60. Technician came out to tell him he needed a new module at just under £1000. Seems like £500 or £600 for an extended warranty is definitely good value these days with a Volvo.

BATS Nov 25th, 2022 16:31

Volvo V60 CC

Just had my 2016 V60CC AWD fail it's MOT for the front nearside Shock leaking oil - not sure if that is a warranty issue, but quoted £586 for a replacement shock - Oh, and takes 5 days to get the part from Sweden and no loan car.......despite a full dealer service history and extended warranty in place.... Ho hum.....

Ulrikas PA Nov 25th, 2022 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by BATS (Post 2860512)
Just had my 2016 V60CC AWD fail it's MOT for the front nearside Shock leaking oil - not sure if that is a warranty issue, but quoted £586 for a replacement shock - Oh, and takes 5 days to get the part from Sweden and no loan car.......despite a full dealer service history and extended warranty in place.... Ho hum.....

I've worked for other brands hq's so not sure about Volvo, but is the vehicle off the road?

If it is, surely the dealer can order as a VOR ?

BATS Nov 25th, 2022 18:37

It’s off the road and 5 days is VOR…..apparently…

Ulrikas PA Nov 25th, 2022 23:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by BATS (Post 2860558)
It’s off the road and 5 days is VOR…..apparently…

That is shocking backup considering that Volvo is moving ever up market. I get the impression from various posts that Volvo don't properly understand customer expectations yet, or worse, are not that bothered.

Took my car in for a major service last month and a)They didn't have a loan car a month after I booked it and b) It cut out and lost all power the day after when driving, because they'd left air in the fuel system.

Really poor service standard for you.

BATS Nov 26th, 2022 07:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulrikas PA (Post 2860602)
That is shocking backup considering that Volvo is moving ever up market. I get the impression from various posts that Volvo don't properly understand customer expectations yet, or worse, are not that bothered.

Took my car in for a major service last month and a)They didn't have a loan car a month after I booked it and b) It cut out and lost all power the day after when driving, because they'd left air in the fuel system.

Really poor service standard for you.

That’s my concern - as soon as the dealer recognised that the wait would be several days, they were more concerned about getting the loan car back to make sure their salesman had a car than looking after a customer…. indeed the first words out of his mouth were I can’t leave you with a loan car for that long….

The Volvo service promise and extended warranty do not cover you for a loan car if Volvo cannot get parts it would seem, and I very much doubt a shock absorber is covered under the extended warranty ?

Not a great example of customer service for a 10 year plus customer…..

Ulrikas PA Nov 26th, 2022 12:02

Reminds me where Mercedes Benz were in the mid 2000s. I worked at the UK HQ for 5 years when the dealers started resting on their laurels at the same time the products were having various reliability issues.

I vividly remember the then MD shutting me down in an open q&a forum when I suggested that 'good old fashioned customer recognition and service' should drive the business. He was more interested in getting dealers to invest in big new premises...

Anyway, in the real world we choose to spend money with people who treat us well :teeth_smile: