Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Daily catch at the breakers thread.. (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=285135)

oragex Aug 10th, 2018 19:20

Daily catch at the breakers thread..

1 Attachment(s)
Hello

Not sure if there are enthusiasts, but how about a thread dedicated to junk yard finds :teeth_smile:

May I start with a few things I found today, first, a PEM module (I pull these from S40/V50 from under the read bench, right side under the carpet, these are the same part for all Volvo vehicles up to about 2012 )

Next is something that doesn't look anything special, except that is a p/s pump from the XC90 which is rated 120 bar, while the ones on the S60 are rated 110 bar. I plan swapping the XC90 one on my S60, will follow with a video on this.

A few FPS sensors...

Lastly, a funny find.. anyone guess what it is ? It is an oil pan plug with a 17mm 1/2" socket welded on it.

davebb Aug 10th, 2018 20:52

Hi yes I think it will be good to do a list like this,
like you show how to remove parts and were they hide them,

with the power steering pump, that will be good to see 110-120 bar
also with the D5 it has a support bracket bolted to the rear of the pump
I don't know why this is, also when I had to change my one on a 2002 d5, there are different high pressure side fittings in the pump,
Thanks Dave

volvoid Aug 10th, 2018 20:57

Last time I popped into my local scrappy I met the owners very large rottweiler, he has them and some bigger dogs to keep the gypos out.

pierremcalpine Aug 11th, 2018 10:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by oragex (Post 2435950)
Hello

Not sure if there are enthusiasts, but how about a thread dedicated to junk yard finds :teeth_smile:

May I start with a few things I found today, first, a PEM module (I pull these from S40/V50 from under the read bench, right side under the carpet, these are the same part for all Volvo vehicles up to about 2012 )

Next is something that doesn't look anything special, except that is a p/s pump from the XC90 which is rated 120 bar, while the ones on the S60 are rated 110 bar. I plan swapping the XC90 one on my S60, will follow with a video on this.

A few FPS sensors...

Lastly, a funny find.. anyone guess what it is ? It is an oil pan plug with a 17mm 1/2" socket welded on it.

Love this thread idea. Also love the socket-welded drain plug.

ma70 Aug 11th, 2018 12:14

Yes, great thread idea. Hope to see it run as well as "what I did..." kind of threads.

Not been today, but last week or so we grabbed a couple of headlamp wiper blades from an early C70 along with a variety of fuses (I'd lost my electrics box with all sorts of fuses/relays etc :( )

That drain plug must have been "well torqued" if they needed to weld a 1/2" socket to the thing!