Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   200 Series Wants (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   240 wanted (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=318156)

classic volvo Aug 8th, 2021 07:23

Hi, I’ve seen your car on cars and classic and at nearly £10,000 it’s too expensive for me. Thank you for taking the time to respond to my wanted post. Good luck with the sale.

Rikvdub Aug 8th, 2021 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by classic volvo (Post 2760501)
Hi, I’ve seen your car on cars and classic and at nearly £10,000 it’s too expensive for me. Thank you for taking the time to respond to my wanted post. Good luck with the sale.

We are open to sensible offers. We didn’t know what to price it as cos the majority that we found to compare either had double the mileage or was riddled in rust. We put 10000 down as it was insured for an agreed value of 11000. But there’s always room to negotiate. 😉

Seventyeight Aug 11th, 2021 00:34

1978 Volvo 244 DL

Hello
I have a 1978 Volvo 244 DL which I was planning on recommissioning shortly.
Unfortunately, I have had to give up my job for health reasons so need to thin down my collection.

The car has been dry stored for 12 years. It is running and driving but needs the usual recommissioning work.

I am happy to sell as is if you are interested. It is in remarkable condition with no rust to the body work or underneath as far as I can see. It is red with the matching red interior.

Registered on 1st August 1978 so a T reg. By coincidence, it was registered on exactly the same date as my 245 GL.

The car is lovely and I will be sad to see it go but needs must at the moment.
Let me know if you would like me to e-mail you some pics or give me a call on 07890 520784.

Early 240 series cars with the round headlamps are few and far between now so this one was a real find.

Cheers
Paul

classic volvo Aug 14th, 2021 23:02

244dl

Hello Paul,
Thank you for your message. Could you email some pictures too - info@aboiler4u.co.uk

Many thanks
Steve

Seventyeight Aug 22nd, 2021 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by classic volvo (Post 2762290)
Hello Paul,
Thank you for your message. Could you email some pictures too - info@aboiler4u.co.uk

Many thanks
Steve

Hello Steve

Sorry, I have just noticed your reply to my post. I have sent you some pics.

: )

yellowskunkcabbage Jan 23rd, 2022 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by classic volvo (Post 2762290)
Hello Paul,

Many thanks
Steve

Hi Paul. Just wondering how you got on with the sale of your car?
Mick

Seventyeight Feb 4th, 2022 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowskunkcabbage (Post 2802167)
Hi Paul. Just wondering how you got on with the sale of your car?
Mick

Sorry for the late reply. I don't come on here very often.

It's now back up for sale, fully recommissioned. I had decided to keep it as it's so nice but just can't keep them all unfortunately.

It's on Car and Classic now.

40,000 miles
No rust
Drives great.
Probably as good as you are going to find for an early 244.

I can send you pics if you like. I'm not sure how to upload them on here. Or check out the Car and Classic ad.

Cheers
Paul