Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   Changing display from mph to kph (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=209808)

Escobar Jul 14th, 2014 18:22

Changing display from mph to kph

Is there anyway to change from miles per hour to kilometres for driving across the channel? Thanks

Dchant Jul 14th, 2014 18:33

Yes on the thumb wheel on the left hand stalk

Escobar Jul 14th, 2014 18:43

Tried that, can't change display from mph to kph only mpg etc

Clan Jul 14th, 2014 18:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Escobar (Post 1691816)

Yes there is a function to display a digital speedo in the middle of the dials , OFF MPH or KPH , use the rotating collar and READ button on the left stalk , have a look in the owner's manual , a hive of information you wont find anywhere else .

taylorc Jul 14th, 2014 22:16

I believe that it depends on what model year your car is, up to MY13 the digital speed reading is locked to the opposite of what the analogue display is but on MY14 onwards I think you can set the digital display to whatever your preference is (this was the case on the loan V40 I had).

volvorocks Jul 14th, 2014 23:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Escobar (Post 1691816)

IIRC when you change from mpg to litres per km, it changes the mph to kph on the digital readout on the analogue display.

Regards

volvorocks Jul 14th, 2014 23:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by taylorc (Post 1692094)
I believe that it depends on what model year your car is, up to MY13 the digital speed reading is locked to the opposite of what the analogue display is but on MY14 onwards I think you can set the digital display to whatever your preference is (this was the case on the loan V40 I had).

This below is what it says in the manual for mine (MY12), so you appear correct, however I remember this not applying in mine and the digital readout in the middle of the analogue instruments changed from mph to kph when mpg was changed to litres. I will have to try it again sometime, as I found it odd that if a message came up, the digital readout of speed disappeared in order for whatever the message was to be displayed.

The instrument panel display changes to show
current speed in mph (miles per hour) if the
speedometer is graduated in km/h. If the
speedometer is graduated in mph then the dis-
play changes to km/h.

Regards

inego Jul 14th, 2014 23:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clan (Post 1691824)
Yes there is a function to display a digital speedo in the middle of the dials , OFF MPH or KPH , use the rotating collar and READ button on the left stalk , have a look in the owner's manual , a hive of information you wont find anywhere else .

Thanks, I'll have to look for this. I leave mine permanently on the "Power" display atm as I find the digital speed readout essential in the city. But the red is wearing pretty thin....

Harvey1512 Jul 15th, 2014 09:17

Have you pressed the OK button on the end of the left stalk? That brought up the correct screen for me. Press that and then rotate the thumb wheel to bring up the correct display.

Chris36 Jul 15th, 2014 09:26

I discovered yesterday on the digital dash, that if you rotate the dial on the LH stalk, where it shows mpg etc, KPH eventually shows up in the small box on the bottom right of the dash.