Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   200 Series General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   A Very Good Honest Garage:~ (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=316667)

Bob Meadows May 8th, 2021 15:04

A Very Good Honest Garage:~

1 Attachment(s)
Just had the 240 in for the MOT yesterday:~
After a few months on S.O.R.N to do some jobs I decided to get back on the road for the summer- phoned my usual garage and he said " bring in round now and I'll do it before I finish for the day" just over an hour later the car was back out- usual remarks, a lovely car and a pleasure to do work on.

We use this garage for all the cars and more within the family- just the owner and a colleague doing servicing & MOTs- more importantly they are as honest as the day is long so come highly recommended, the owner remembers working on the cars when first launched

Based just outside Wigan (lucky me) so worth using if you are in this area.
Johnsons Garage
City Rd, Kitt Green, Wigan, WN5 0HP Directions
Tel
01942 225394

827Roverman May 9th, 2021 12:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Meadows (Post 2735274)
Just had the 240 in for the MOT yesterday:~
After a few months on S.O.R.N to do some jobs I decided to get back on the road for the summer- phoned my usual garage and he said " bring in round now and I'll do it before I finish for the day" just over an hour later the car was back out- usual remarks, a lovely car and a pleasure to do work on.

We use this garage for all the cars and more within the family- just the owner and a colleague doing servicing & MOTs- more importantly they are as honest as the day is long so come highly recommended, the owner remembers working on the cars when first launched

Based just outside Wigan (lucky me) so worth using if you are in this area.
Johnsons Garage
City Rd, Kitt Green, Wigan, WN5 0HP Directions
Tel
01942 225394

Nice to hear of a good garage getting recommended, here's another that I use for MOT's and repairs/servicing now and then on my 940, SWINTON AUTO SERVICES in greater Manchester 0161 794 1664, David.

Kev0607 May 9th, 2021 21:48

I take it these garages work on the newer Volvo's too?

827Roverman May 10th, 2021 11:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev0607 (Post 2735603)
I take it these garages work on the newer Volvo's too?

Phone them to find out.

Bob Meadows May 10th, 2021 11:54

Yes for Johnsons:~
They also service my sons BMW- The first Mrs Meadows Ford Fiesta & a foreign model for my sister.
Bob.

Laird Scooby May 10th, 2021 13:50

Nice to hear of honourable garages doing what it says on the tin after my recent experiences - won't expand here but let's just say after 17 years i won't be using them again! :nah:

Kev0607 May 10th, 2021 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by 827Roverman (Post 2735695)
Phone them to find out.

I may well do, but I thought it would have been fairly easy question to answer without having to phone.

Generally, when I visit a garage, I tend to know the cars that are being worked on by glancing in the car park or in the workshop itself. Its fairly easy to tell 20-30 year old ones apart from the newer models. :regular_smile:

Laird Scooby May 10th, 2021 21:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev0607 (Post 2735933)
I may well do, but I thought it would have been fairly easy question to answer without having to phone.

Generally, when I visit a garage, I tend to know the cars that are being worked on by glancing in the car park or in the workshop itself. Its fairly easy to tell 20-30 year old ones apart from the newer models. :regular_smile:

Not if the garage picks the car up and returns it as i believe the arrangement David has with his garage is.

I think i'd be inclined to phone them and ask anyway, a later car there by coincidence may belong to one of the employees, someone dropping off/collecting another customer etc.

Also worth bearing in mind those that usually work on older ones don't necessarily understand the newer ones and vice versa.

loki_the_glt May 12th, 2021 08:38

My local one will deal with anything - they had a 1964-ish Sunbeam Alpine in earlier this year and were re-commissioning an FB Victor; several 5-10 year old Euroblobs and indistinguishable Asian machines for MoTs, services and repair work.