Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Disabled Section Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=199)
-   -   For sale. (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=230889)

stuartvolvo Aug 8th, 2015 13:13

language

Sorry for again not being on for a while, but as most of you know, I am very busy attending appointments my self and also writing the articles for driver. Anyway, I popped on again just to check my section, and I am very disappointed to read the language that is being used. Can I please ask that it is kept clean at all times otherwise posts will be either deleted or bans put in place for repeat offenders. I myself, get annoyed at the way this forum goes some times, with people stirring this up. That is not why this forum was first created. It was created to help Volvo owners keep their cars running. With all the different sections the forum now has, I found that it was lacking a disabled section which is why I spent many months to get it created, as I wanted to share some of my experiences and also advice on how to claim for certain benefits to help others out that struggled to find the necessary information like I did.

Regards
Stuart

luggsey Feb 13th, 2016 23:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prufrock (Post 1926177)
My 2003 V70 has been on loan to my Wife's parents for some time, and it has had fitted an electric crane/winch in order that an electric scooter can be lifted into the cargo space.

The winch has hardly been used (fitted about 6 months ago) and because of a recent bereavement is no longer needed. We like to sell it for circa £300 (it was about £1000 new), the scooter is also available (nearly new too).

I do not know the makes of the winch/scooter but can advise if any interest (can supply pics but the car is not with me at the moment: it is in Sussex).

Thank you for looking.

Jon
700/900 Register Keeper VOC.

Please post some pics of the scooter hoist or email them.
luggsey@hotmail.com
Ta.

mixa Mar 12th, 2016 22:55

The anoying thing is how a for sale tread , irrelivent of the wording ends in a slanging match. it is true that many people class some one who is diabled as a lesser person or if they have no shown problems as coming it with nothing wrong , both my wife and i are classed disabled due to what cancer and its treat ment have done we both have all our limbs , she worse than me , she has had 3 strokes , i have nerve damage that means at times my mobility is very restricied with out a truck load of painkillers , i looked on this thread because there was no item in the for sale add , i continued reading because of the crap that was being banded about ,which i imagine way many others have done

Mike 700 Mar 13th, 2016 10:20

Nothing for sale, yet, but I have recently been looking at changing my mobility scooter, which is now around 18 months old and has covered probably around 25-30 miles only.

It cost me £1064 new, and the point of this post is that 'depreciation' on mobility scooters is ' unbelievable'!

I have tried P/E - best I can get is £250 , 76-77% depreciation in 18 months?

& been advised to sell it privately with an asking price of £300!

Just imagine buying a new Volvo for say £35,000 & 18 months later it's only worth around £ 8,500?

The trouble is, that retailers are discounting so heavily on new scooters at the moment' that used scooter prices/ values are going thru the floor!

Obviously lower pricing is a good thing overall, and I guess I am just going to have to bite the bullet and go for a heavily discounted job, so that the low price I'll get for mine doesn't seem so bad??

volvoid Mar 13th, 2016 10:41

These gadgets are for physical disabilities, they dont do a lot for mental ones.
So stop squabbling unless its funny

jsh1988 Mar 20th, 2016 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike 700 (Post 2076613)
Nothing for sale, yet, but I have recently been looking at changing my mobility scooter, which is now around 18 months old and has covered probably around 25-30 miles only.

It cost me £1064 new, and the point of this post is that 'depreciation' on mobility scooters is ' unbelievable'!

I have tried P/E - best I can get is £250 , 76-77% depreciation in 18 months?

& been advised to sell it privately with an asking price of £300!

Just imagine buying a new Volvo for say £35,000 & 18 months later it's only worth around £ 8,500?

The trouble is, that retailers are discounting so heavily on new scooters at the moment' that used scooter prices/ values are going thru the floor!

Obviously lower pricing is a good thing overall, and I guess I am just going to have to bite the bullet and go for a heavily discounted job, so that the low price I'll get for mine doesn't seem so bad??

Anything to do with disability, the manufacture or reseller will try and milk the customers dry...

Manual Wheelchairs are worse, My latest one was just shy of £4000 (will do me about 4-5 year). But to manufacture it would cost £300-£400 material wise.

Captive market, not along an be done about it :(

Mike 700 Mar 28th, 2016 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsh1988 (Post 2080885)
Anything to do with disability, the manufacture or reseller will try and milk the customers dry...

Manual Wheelchairs are worse, My latest one was just shy of £4000 (will do me about 4-5 year). But to manufacture it would cost £300-£400 material wise.

Captive market, not along an be done about it :(

I am inclined to agree.

Regards.