Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   1st Service/heated seats (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=276578)

1970jon Jan 2nd, 2018 20:31

1st Service/heated seats

18000 mile service just completed in my March 2017 T8.
No problems at all to report in those 9 months apart from two punctures....

Latest software installed (new Sensus interface) and all seems good BUT....my heated seats no longer seem to come on when I activate the preconditioning via VOC?...Has anyone else noticed this before I go back to Volvo to ask them to investigate.

Driver Dave Jan 2nd, 2018 23:10

I had the same problem. Found that in the update some settings had been lost and I needed to set them up again in the Climate section of the Sensus settings.

Have you had a look to see if yours are still ticked.

1970jon Jan 3rd, 2018 10:19

Thanks Dave. Yes i have checked all climate settings to be as pre update.
Will go back to Volvo

Busa1400 Jan 4th, 2018 13:52

Same with mine - I have it booked in for 18th Jan, can you let me know if yours goes in before and what the outcome is.

Cheers

1970jon Jan 4th, 2018 18:11

Will do...trying to get it booked in by Volvo to take a look but I need a loan car from them and all they can offer is a V40...I need a bigger car day to day hence the reason for buying an xc90.

There argument is sorry sir all our loan cars are V40s so live with it......Volvo customer service via their dealer network is so far behind BMW and Audi it's embarrassing (in my opinion)

anotherv60 Jan 4th, 2018 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1970jon (Post 2354070)
Volvo customer service via their dealer network is so far behind BMW and Audi it's embarrassing (in my opinion)

I agree, Audi use it as an opportunity to show you what you could own for just a little bit more per month....I don't think Volvo realise that its an opportunity to gain another sale (maybe not right away). My perception from the local dealer is that providing a V40 momentum is a burden and we are lucky to be offered a car they currently produce.

Actually what is more annoying is the fact you have to book at least 1 month in advance....

MCV60 Jan 4th, 2018 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1970jon (Post 2354070)
Will do...trying to get it booked in by Volvo to take a look but I need a loan car from them and all they can offer is a V40...I need a bigger car day to day hence the reason for buying an xc90.

There argument is sorry sir all our loan cars are V40s so live with it......Volvo customer service via their dealer network is so far behind BMW and Audi it's embarrassing (in my opinion)

I can assure you not all dealers are the same. Recently I’ve had 2 XC90 Inscription. 1 with Polestar from where I bought the V90 from. . Although when taking previous V60 for Service at two different dealers I was provided with a Fiesta and some form of Peugeot. Both were bad, the latter was hideous. But agree there is an element of courtesy car lottery.

Mavi57 Jan 4th, 2018 22:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1970jon (Post 2353403)
18000 mile service just completed in my March 2017 T8.
No problems at all to report in those 9 months apart from two punctures....

Latest software installed (new Sensus interface) and all seems good BUT....my heated seats no longer seem to come on when I activate the preconditioning via VOC?...Has anyone else noticed this before I go back to Volvo to ask them to investigate.

I have the same problem. Heated steering wheel doesn't come on.

This happens when I start precon on the app. When programmed it mostly starts with seats and steering wheel on except when I program it less than 1 hour before it should start.
Trying to program it with the app is a pain in the ass, I have to retry at least 5 to 6 times, sometimes even more before it succeeds.