Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   XC40 '18> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   Problem with driver profiles - new XC40 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=316179)

Dave Down Apr 19th, 2021 19:51

Problem with driver profiles - new XC40

Hi,
Just purchased a new XC40 and having problems setting up and switching driver profiles.
If I go into the driver profile settings screen, the whole screen is greyed out and its not possible to select or edit any of the profiles. The same thing happens if I try to select a profile from the top right hand corner of the main screen - the different profiles are displayed but its all greyed out and not possible to select any.
Nothing in the manual to explain this - any help welcomed!

Rds
Dave

anotherv60 Apr 20th, 2021 14:20

Are the profiles locked? If the profile is connected to the key you might need that key in the car when editing.

Dave Down Apr 20th, 2021 21:40

not that I can see - the original (and only black key) is in the car when I try to edit so I'm a bit stumped currently - last resort will be to take the car back to the garage but as its 50 miles away I'l loath to do this if I can find the answer elsewhere!!
Thanks
Dave

anotherv60 Apr 22nd, 2021 21:38

Might be worth checking with the dealer but I'm sure Volvo supply at least two keys and an activity key. So your car should have 3 keys.

Dave Down Apr 23rd, 2021 19:20

Thanks, spoke to the garage today and they said the orange key should work as a fully functioning key providing the car is unlocked with this key and it should allow profiles to be 'assigned' to this key as well as the black one. So will try later once the wife returns with the car!
Regarding your point about having 3 keys, nope, supplied with one black and one orange key only......

SuffolkBoy Apr 24th, 2021 08:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Down (Post 2731087)
Thanks, spoke to the garage today and they said the orange key should work as a fully functioning key providing the car is unlocked with this key and it should allow profiles to be 'assigned' to this key as well as the black one. So will try later once the wife returns with the car!
Regarding your point about having 3 keys, nope, supplied with one black and one orange key only......

Recent models only come with one normal key according to the price lists.

normb57 Feb 9th, 2024 22:30

I am experiencing the same issue with my 2021 xc40 t4. I have all three keys and no matter what I have tried, nothing works. I am not able to select a different profile nor edit any as they are all greyed out when I go to driver profiles; neither from the main menu or settings.

HairyMonster Feb 11th, 2024 12:08

2 Keys

You need both keys inside the car to change profiles.

XCeed Feb 22nd, 2024 17:45

I have just bought a 73 B3 mild hybrid XC40 after trading in a 21 plug in hybrid. Boy, how I wish I hadn’t - the software is a veritable nightmare! The car overall is fine, but setting up the Profiles is very user unfriendly. I have managed to pair two phones (after a LOT of fiddling), but I can only connect Volvo Cars app to one. I have somehow managed to create the maximum number of Profiles, and the system tells me to delete Profiles but I can’t find out how. You get led up loads of blind alleys and on screen instructions useless so I have given up trying ☹️. And don’t get me started on trying to set up the two keys - given up on that too! Link up with Google Maps for the sat nav is good but not straightforward and the screen text is really small and hard to read from the driver seat. I think Sensus was easier to live with, never had any problems with Sat nav and overall software. Generally, the new car has fewer driver options and I now really miss the super smooth electric drive (for first 24 miles) and the incredible economy. But we all make mistakes don’t we? And in any event, still reckon it’s a pretty good car, compared to others.
(Oh, and I broke my vow to never buy a black car again - looks geat when clean but impossible to keep it that way for long!🤥)