Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Diesel Engines (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Leaking TDI injector pump (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=134422)

BillQQ Sep 20th, 2011 09:29

Leaking TDI injector pump

Morning all

Having suffered a cambelt failure on my 855 TDI, I have replaced it with another almost identical vehicle, this time an 855 TDI auto. The new car has been exceptionally well looked after and has recently had all belts changed, but I have just discovered a fault which was not evident when I bought it.

Having removed the engine cover, I found a leak in the injector pump. From the limited inspection I have been able to make so far, it appears to be leaking around the block from which the 5 injector rails attach. It is worst when cold (it was still warm from the previous owner's drive home when I bought it) but there is still a drip when the engine has warmed up.

This leads me to a few questions:

1 - Can anyone recommend any quick fixes - If I can get back from work before it's dark then I'll try to get in and tighten up any screws to see if anything has worked loose.
2 - Can injector pumps be repaired -Does it sound like a quick gasket replacement problem or will it spring apart if i even attempted to open it up??
3 - If it means changing the pump, is that a big job?? I do still have the pump from my old car, though that is getting pretty old too!

Bill

outnumbered Sep 20th, 2011 11:06

2 Attachment(s)
morning Bill.
have not done one myself hope these diagrams may be of some help.
mike

GermoEST Oct 22nd, 2021 11:11

What behind this?

1 Attachment(s)
Hello.
I'm a new member but i own 1999 Volvo S80 with 2.5 TDI and i have a leaky pump. Leak is coming from the circeled part. What is behind this? Is it safe to unscrew those bolts or is something poping out there? Is there a seal or something to replace?

i'm unable to see the drawing posted here.

brickman Nov 8th, 2021 10:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by GermoEST (Post 2779099)
Hello.
I'm a new member but i own 1999 Volvo S80 with 2.5 TDI and i have a leaky pump. Leak is coming from the circeled part. What is behind this? Is it safe to unscrew those bolts or is something poping out there? Is there a seal or something to replace?

i'm unable to see the drawing posted here.

Speak to United diesel or darkside developments, only two left who really know their way around these pumps. United will prob tell you over phone what's possible diy, whereas darkside will just ask you to send it in
Some "bosch service centres" can do these, but they do them so rarely these days that you never know if they are gonna do it right till it goes wrong on you a few weeks later lol.

rudi dudi Nov 8th, 2021 21:51

City Electro Diesel best in the business.

J liddy Nov 9th, 2021 06:24

Talk to .DIESLECK based in Bridgenorth and Diesel Bob based in Preston both company's are old school and come highy recommended