Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   XC40 '18> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   Time for a new car (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=317175)

Jsayers May 28th, 2021 07:01

Time for a new car

The lease on my XC60 ends in September and so it will soon be time to say goodbye to my first Volvo and try something new. Normally, I would look for a good deal on any suitable car and have a change. I have driven VW, Nissan, Vauxhall, Ford and Audi, not a brand snob. Well not until now.

I have loved my Volvo. Comfiest car I have ever driven. And so this time I have only looked at deals on another Volvo.

A new XC60 was too expensive.
The V60 was nice but felt too low to the ground compared to the XC60.
New car ordered.

A Volvo XC40 R-Deign T3. Onyx Black an I have added the climate pack and upgraded the sound system to H&K. Also took advantage of the 3 years servicing.

Now to enjoy the last few months in my 60 until my 40 arrives.

RonFleet May 28th, 2021 09:48

Good choice!

Jsayers Sep 7th, 2021 08:58

Looks like I will be driving my XC-60 a little longer.

New car now delayed till end of October. Will have been waiting 5 months from order to delivery if the new date doesnt slip any more. Will have to extend my current lease until new car arrives.

Does Volvo compenaste for late delivery or is this something I need to try and discuss with Dealer? If it gets any later, I am going to have to get the old car services just before I hand it back - money not bugeted for.

Though that by ordering a car at the end of May for a September delivery when I was quoted 8 weeks, my new car would be sitting waiting for me, now it is the other way arround.

Whiterdesign Sep 10th, 2021 23:24

Your lucky it’s only 5 months wait. I know you were quoted 2 months but things have changed very quickly in the supply chain. Lucky you haven’t ordered a JLR car they are now quoting 12 months plus on a lot of their cars. All manufacturers are hard hit with the chip problem and are having to remove items from the vehicle such as cameras and bliss. There are rumours that Mercedes are supply some cars with halogen headlights.

Familyman 90 Sep 10th, 2021 23:57

They may well argue force majeure over the delays, and that would end up for a court to decide. Clearly no one is going to bother testing that.

As aforementioned, 5 months is the lower end of the scale. No shortage of manufacturers quoting a year on some models at the moment, such as JLR and Toyota. Mrs Familyman's new Mini electric was almost 6 months from order to delivery.

It is what it is, and no one else is likely to do better.

Rocinante Sep 13th, 2021 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jsayers (Post 2768541)
If it gets any later, I am going to have to get the old car services just before I hand it back - money not budgeted for.

Have a read through this thread, (link below) which discusses the best option for servicing lease vehicles just before they go back. The jist of it is -
  • There is certainly no point in having it serviced by a main dealer, somewhere like Halfords will be a lot cheaper and should give you a compliant stamp.
  • In some instances, it's cheaper not to bother at all as the fine for having missed a service is less than the cost of a service.
  • Depending on when your previous service was, you might just get away with not getting it done.

Have a read of the thread and check your lease terms.

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...ighlight=lease

inchindown Sep 18th, 2021 07:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whiterdesign (Post 2769559)
Your lucky it’s only 5 months wait. I know you were quoted 2 months but things have changed very quickly in the supply chain. Lucky you haven’t ordered a JLR car they are now quoting 12 months plus on a lot of their cars. All manufacturers are hard hit with the chip problem and are having to remove items from the vehicle such as cameras and bliss. There are rumours that Mercedes are supply some cars with halogen headlights.

I've had a Jaguar F Pace on order since June. The current delivery date I'm being given is the end of October at the dealer and a week or so after that for me to get the keys. But I have to say I don't have much confidence in those dates.

It's even worse than a 12 month wait for some cars. Lots of outstanding orders for MY21 cars have just been cancelled. If those people still want a Jaguar they have to submit a new order for a MY22 car. The MY22 cars are more expensive and have less standard equipment included.

We can only hope.