Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   V40/XC '12>17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=194)
-   -   XC40 - Ordering and build/delivery wait (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=281419)

abby606 May 4th, 2018 11:05

XC40 - Ordering and build/delivery wait

I ordered an XC40 over two months ago and after a month of waiting (and hearing nothing), my order was cancelled by Volvo.

I ordered again just over a month ago with another dealer and yet again have heard nothing.

Is anyone else having issues with ordering? This is the first time I've bought a new car and of course a new car from Volvo and I'm really not happy with the service.

I get they are overwhelmed with orders but I don't see why I can't be kept in the loop - I mind not being told what's going on more than I'd mind being told there is a delay.

More to the point of my thread - please share your experience of timelines between ordering, getting some sort of confirmation, a build date, a VIN, a delivery date, whatever so I can try and gauge my wait.

I'm guessing getting a VIN will help as I don't need the dealer to keep me updated then.

Acer May 4th, 2018 11:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by abby606 (Post 2399992)
I ordered an XC40 over two months ago and after a month of waiting (and hearing nothing), my order was cancelled by Volvo.

I ordered again just over a month ago with another dealer and yet again have heard nothing.

Is anyone else having issues with ordering? This is the first time I've bought a new car and of course a new car from Volvo and I'm really not happy with the service.

I get they are overwhelmed with orders but I don't see why I can't be kept in the loop - I mind not being told what's going on more than I'd mind being told there is a delay.

More to the point of my thread - please share your experience of timelines between ordering, getting some sort of confirmation, a build date, a VIN, a delivery date, whatever so I can try and gauge my wait.

I'm guessing getting a VIN will help as I don't need the dealer to keep me updated then.

Moderators please create an XC40 section!

abby606 May 4th, 2018 11:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acer (Post 2399998)
Moderators please create an XC40 section!

Yeah sorry, it's difficult to decide where this should fit in and find an XC40 specific audience.

anton differing May 4th, 2018 12:45

...and change this one to "V40/CC", which is how Volvo itself labels the cars.

GuidoBrunetti May 4th, 2018 17:06

Dedicated XC40 forum needed

Hear hear!

The moderators are curiously silent on this issue. The XC40 is the first example of a completely new Volvo platform so it seems obvious that it should have a dedicated section. Posts are popping up on this area and others because people don't know where to address their questions, concerns and news. If there's a good reason why you believe a new section isn't needed then please tell us.