Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   Engine system service required (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=322109)

ShaunKaz Dec 14th, 2021 12:45

Engine system service required

Hi all. I have a volvo s60 II 2011 and after fitting a new head I have the dreaded engine system service required with engine management light on also.. I've put vida on and the fault I'm getting is the P00BD00 which is to do with the maf sensor I believe. When the car is cold it's fine lots of acceleration but after a few miles as it warms up it then goes into limp mode and I loose the acceleration.. any ideas why I'm getting this.. what do I need to check.. any help appreciated..

Clan Dec 14th, 2021 13:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaunKaz (Post 2792999)
Hi all. I have a volvo s60 II 2011 and after fitting a new head I have the dreaded engine system service required with engine management light on also.. I've put vida on and the fault I'm getting is the P00BD00 which is to do with the maf sensor I believe. When the car is cold it's fine lots of acceleration but after a few miles as it warms up it then goes into limp mode and I loose the acceleration.. any ideas why I'm getting this.. what do I need to check.. any help appreciated..

It indicates that the amount of air it measures going in does not correspond to what it is expecting to be flowing and that moment under those conditions. So the most obvious is an air leak in the intake pipe or intercooler , or Wrong air mass meter ?

ShaunKaz Dec 14th, 2021 18:31

Hi, cant be wrong sensor as not changed that.. so Im persuming something to do with air leakage some where..

ShaunKaz Dec 14th, 2021 20:09

Just had another quick look as I saw on here that if you disconnect the wire from the MAF sensor whilst the engine is running, if ok the engine should stop.. when i disconnected the wire there is no difference what so ever.. however I checked on vida and it did throw up some more codes..
P011300 - intake air temp sensor 1 circuit high (bank 1)
P010000 mass or volume air flow a circuit
P00BD00 - mass or volume air flow a circuit too high

with there being no difference in engine change when disconnected would you think this is faulty?

reggit Dec 15th, 2021 00:49

Get it on vida, that will guide you to the fault. It sounds like you’re starting to guess which can work out very expensive.

ShaunKaz Dec 15th, 2021 09:54

I'm still a novice on vida to be honest.. could you tell me what i need to do first

ShaunKaz Dec 23rd, 2021 15:56

Hi All heres an update I purchased a vacuum tester and tested the vacuum system.. Ive checked all the pipes and there ok ive even tested the vacumm with engine running but I did notice one thing.. when I checked the vacuum for the turbo control valve (TCV) there was nothing(with engine off).. the pipe which connects to the TCV I disconnected and whilst enging is running there is plenty of vacuum and the guage holds steady.. but when the TCV is connected i connect the tester to the output side of TCV its very, very erratic. So I can only assume there is something wrong with the TCV.. what would you say?

Clan Dec 23rd, 2021 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaunKaz (Post 2795217)
Hi All heres an update I purchased a vacuum tester and tested the vacuum system.. Ive checked all the pipes and there ok ive even tested the vacumm with engine running but I did notice one thing.. when I checked the vacuum for the turbo control valve (TCV) there was nothing(with engine off).. the pipe which connects to the TCV I disconnected and whilst enging is running there is plenty of vacuum and the guage holds steady.. but when the TCV is connected i connect the tester to the output side of TCV its very, very erratic. So I can only assume there is something wrong with the TCV.. what would you say?

The Turbo control valve works by opening and closing at very high speed maybe 100 times a second so the output vacuum will be a bit unstable on a gauge . Its much more stable when connected up to the turbo wastegate chamber

D5 Drew Dec 31st, 2021 12:36

Engine System Service Required

Ok so took my 2010 XC70 in to Volvo after seeing this message on the dash display. Fearing a DPF issue it transpired that it was a small hole in the twin turbo connector pipe. Replaced for £135 all in. Car feels like it’s had 20hp put back on

Clan Dec 31st, 2021 15:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by D5 Drew (Post 2796593)
Ok so took my 2010 XC70 in to Volvo after seeing this message on the dash display. Fearing a DPF issue it transpired that it was a small hole in the twin turbo connector pipe. Replaced for £135 all in. Car feels like it’s had 20hp put back on

A good result 👍