Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   200 Series Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   240 GLT auto for sale (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=318260)

geoffo Jul 10th, 2021 05:48

240 GLT auto for sale

1 Attachment(s)
My project car for the last nine years. It’s had everything done and I’ve enjoyed doing it. It’s a turn key 240 in metallic grey with black leather interior - ticks over lovely and drives really well with 4 speed auto. Advertised on other platforms but hopefully will go to someone on here.

hutch63 Jul 26th, 2021 11:41

Hi have you a contact number

Have you a contact number

geoffo Jul 31st, 2021 09:26

Going on ebay

Full description to follow on eBay it’l be no reserve and sold at whatever it makes.....

Othen Aug 2nd, 2021 06:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoffo (Post 2758351)
Full description to follow on eBay it’l be no reserve and sold at whatever it makes.....

Did the car sell?

geoffo Aug 2nd, 2021 17:00

On car and classic?

No interest at all but I did put a rather overly optimistic price! It’s just getting a new mot today then it’s no reserve and farewell. It’s been my car for 11 yrs but time to move it on as I’ve retired and I’m downsizing.

Geoff

geoffo Aug 2nd, 2021 17:03

Thought it was mine for 9 but it’s been 11.....time flies when you are hiding parts bills etc 😂😂👍

Othen Aug 3rd, 2021 06:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoffo (Post 2759030)
No interest at all but I did put a rather overly optimistic price! It’s just getting a new mot today then it’s no reserve and farewell. It’s been my car for 11 yrs but time to move it on as I’ve retired and I’m downsizing.

Geoff

Why not advertise it on the forum here (for free) - you have an audience of (a few, at least) like minded people?

john.wigley Aug 3rd, 2021 08:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Othen (Post 2759155)
Why not advertise it on the forum here (for free) - you have an audience of (a few, at least) like minded people?

That is unquestionably so, Alan; the problem is, most of 'em already have a car or cars of their own!:regular_smile:

Definitely worth a shot, though; come to think about it, it'd make a grand stable-mate for the R.B. ...

Regards, John.

geoffo Aug 3rd, 2021 09:22

Love the forum

1 Attachment(s)
Hi I got the car ten years ago through the forum where the owner had it advertised but he had little or no interest and a local to him 240 owner had started taking parts from it. It was in a rough state and I had it shipped from Wales to north York’s so the fun could start. I’ve put it on a couple of times but it’s been clear from my ads that I wasn’t keen on selling 😂😂 but the time has come. I’ll get some photos on later. I’d take a serious offer but had a bad experience where a deal was agreed at x then the guy said I’ve only got y and tried to talk me into it 😂😂but I guess that’s just normal? I e got some great parts etc through the forum and learned a lot from it

Arriving ten years ago pic

judgeman Aug 7th, 2021 15:54

Looks a great motor from the outside! Is this now sold, or still available? What is the asking price? (Can't see on eBay?)