Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   V40/XC '12>17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=194)
-   -   DAB radio (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=190503)

g4rth Oct 13th, 2013 23:03

DAB radio

Does anyone know if the later MY13 V40s are pre-wired to allow the DAB receiver to be fitted behind the nearside boot panel? I have DAB present in the menu system but greyed out.

smeems Oct 14th, 2013 00:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by g4rth (Post 1499692)
Does anyone know if the later MY13 V40s are pre-wired to allow the DAB receiver to be fitted behind the nearside boot panel? I have DAB present in the menu system but greyed out.

Sorry for being short of the facts but when I was looking at the MY13/14 stuff it did say that DAB could be retrofitted but standard on all 14's

Multiplex Nov 8th, 2013 22:03

I have never seen the DAB option greyed out

Its either there if it has it or not there if it hasn't got DAB?

Clan Nov 8th, 2013 22:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by g4rth (Post 1499692)

The car had to be ordered from the factory with DAB preparation for an extra £75 , this would allow later fitting of the DAB system ... otherwise it cant be done ... It seems a lot of people didnt order this , why would they , DAB was a minority interest THEN ! but now a few years later it's going to be a must ... volvo do a neat DAB Accessorie though for £300 fitted which i like .

You should not have DAB greyed out , it is either there and working or its not shown on the menu if you don't have it . ... have you asked the dealer to see if it is on the build sheet as fitted ? You may have a problem with it .

g4rth Nov 10th, 2013 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clan (Post 1515398)
You should not have DAB greyed out , it is either there and working or its not shown on the menu if you don't have it . ... have you asked the dealer to see if it is on the build sheet as fitted ? You may have a problem with it .

Thanks Clan. DAB is not in the menu now although I'm certain it was the day I got the car but maybe I imagined it. As a matter if interest do you know why it cannot be fitted at a later date? I would have thought all that would be required would be the DAB module, cables and a software upgrade. Perhaps the aerial is the problem.

Clan Nov 10th, 2013 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by g4rth (Post 1516428)
Thanks Clan. DAB is not in the menu now although I'm certain it was the day I got the car but maybe I imagined it. As a matter if interest do you know why it cannot be fitted at a later date? I would have thought all that would be required would be the DAB module, cables and a software upgrade. Perhaps the aerial is the problem.

Yes it cant be fitted at a later date unless you have the £75 Factory DAB preparation at time of order , it would be the side glass due to the aerials, and looms would be slightly different