Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   V70 Low on power (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=318835)

Charlie A Jul 31st, 2021 18:07

V70 Low on power

3 Attachment(s)
Having replaced the front wheel bearing the following week this happened. It has thrown up numerous electrical faults and is unlikely to be economic to repair. Any suggestions welcome. Please see attached images for fault details.
Thank you
The car is 2006. Apologies I posted this in the wrong group initially.

Simmy Jul 31st, 2021 23:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie A (Post 2758467)
Having replaced the front wheel bearing the following week this happened. It has thrown up numerous electrical faults and is unlikely to be economic to repair. Any suggestions welcome. Please see attached images for fault details.
Thank you
The car is 2006. Apologies I posted this in the wrong group initially.

clear all codes go for a drive see which ones return there is no date on any of those codes some may be months /years old engine service message is often displayed when there is vac leaks on engine mounts or tcv:regular_smile:

Georgeandkira Aug 1st, 2021 14:45

Do you own your own code reader Charlie A?

Also, whilst being mindful of what your car needs done maintenance-wise, erase the message in the window too.

Charlie A Aug 1st, 2021 19:22

The codes on the print out were downloaded by a friend who runs a big repair garage. Prior to that I had borrowed a Snap On code reader which gave me 5 engine related faults. I photographed the 5, cleared them and after a short drive 3 of them came back. The car has no power as if the turbo has failed. It will get up to 70 mph but takes forever so not quite a limp mode situation. I will attach the codes I found to this reply.
You mention clearing the fault in the window, I assume this is the panel display fault ‘engine system service required’. I am not sure how to do this but the car is currently 50 miles away from home at my friends garage.
Thanks for the replies.

Charlie A Aug 1st, 2021 19:28

The codes on the print out were downloaded by a friend who runs a big repair garage. Prior to that I had borrowed a Snap On code reader which gave me 5 engine related faults. I photographed the 5, cleared them and after a short drive 3 of them came back. The car has no power as if the turbo has failed. It will get up to 70 mph but takes forever so not quite a limp mode situation. I will attach the codes I found to this reply.
You mention clearing the fault in the window, I assume this is the panel display fault ‘engine system service required’. I am not sure how to do this but the car is currently 50 miles away from home at my friends garage.
Thanks for the replies.
ps photos will not upload to this reply so I will try and add to original post.

Charlie A Aug 1st, 2021 19:41

I can’t upload photos to my reply or the original post so the five were:
7700 Engine Control Module (ECM). Communication fault *
26A0 Injector Power Stage, Cylinder 4. Faulty Signal *
6661 Glow Relay Control. Faulty Signal
6665 Glow Relay Control. Faulty Signal
1507 Turbo Control. Too Low Pressure *

The 3 that returned are marked *