Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Just took delivery of my MY24 XC60 Ultimate Black Edition (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=339195)

Franko1960 Apr 5th, 2024 13:01

Just took delivery of my MY24 XC60 Ultimate Black Edition

Just got my new XC60. Beautiful car, drives really well.
AAOS takes a bit of getting used to compared to Sensus.

A few gripes though.

1. You cannot permanently turn off lane assist. You have to disable it every time you start the car.

2. You cannot disable speed assist alarm?

3. You cannot enable auto handbrake when you press park unless you have auto hold on?

4. I cannot seem to be able to change the scale on Google Maps?

Am I correct?

giftgrub100 Apr 5th, 2024 18:11

1 & 2 are correct - new legislation means they have to be on, will be on all cars from July - no avoiding it, the speed sign bongs are very handy will save points on the licence.

3 Turn the car off when in D or R and the handbrake will come on, if on Auto Hold wont come on when parked on the flat, if on an incline will come on.

4. You can zoom in and out with the +- on the screen or use your fingers to pinch or unpinch for the same, maps now have 3D buildings or Satellite view as well.

Franko1960 Apr 6th, 2024 08:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by giftgrub100 (Post 2944080)
1 & 2 are correct - new legislation means they have to be on, will be on all cars from July - no avoiding it, the speed sign bongs are very handy will save points on the licence.

3 Turn the car off when in D or R and the handbrake will come on, if on Auto Hold wont come on when parked on the flat, if on an incline will come on.

4. You can zoom in and out with the +- on the screen or use your fingers to pinch or unpinch for the same, maps now have 3D buildings or Satellite view as well.

WTF…. There is no eco or sport mode anymore. Just comfort or off road mode. What the hell are Volvo doing to these cars. Feel like handing it back.

OldEngineer Apr 6th, 2024 11:58

These were all known issues on this site

MG14 Apr 6th, 2024 16:23

Quote:

WTF…. There is no eco or sport mode anymore. Just comfort or off road mode. What the hell are Volvo doing to these cars. Feel like handing it back.
Quote:

Originally Posted by OldEngineer (Post 2944202)
These were all known issues on this site

Exactly that. I’ve had car with drive modes in the past and after a bit of playing for the novelty value, I always settled on the normal mode. I expect that Volvo’s consumer surveys confirmed this, so why bother spending money on providing it?

Discoman Apr 7th, 2024 20:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG14 (Post 2944251)
Exactly that. I’ve had car with drive modes in the past and after a bit of playing for the novelty value, I always settled on the normal mode. I expect that Volvo’s consumer surveys confirmed this, so why bother spending money on providing it?

Is it really a material cost saving putting less functionality on a touch screen menu and sub menu?

Overall I have no problem with a google system but it seems some of the stuff I use on the Volvo system is gone or hard to find so why upgrade? Add to that the uncertainty about the timing of the BEV shift, the unattractiveness (to me) of the Volvo plug in tech, the fact that the XC90 is really old and, finally, the massive price rises that the inability to put a few options on a Core tries to force onto you then I’m happy with my current car. Anyway I don’t want 21” wheels on a car I use mostly on rural roads.

MG14 Apr 7th, 2024 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discoman (Post 2944401)
Is it really a material cost saving putting less functionality on a touch screen menu and sub menu?

100%, yes

Discoman Apr 7th, 2024 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG14 (Post 2944403)
100%, yes

Not sure if you are intentionally being obtuse. Anyway has been a material factor in me not buying another Volvo as I drive mine in Individual mode with suspension in the firm setting and everything else in Comfort. Not possible on the google cars. Shame as my XC90 is brilliant.

Franko1960 Apr 8th, 2024 14:22

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Discoman (Post 2944406)
Not sure if you are intentionally being obtuse. Anyway has been a material factor in me not buying another Volvo as I drive mine in Individual mode with suspension in the firm setting and everything else in Comfort. Not possible on the google cars. Shame as my XC90 is brilliant.

Think this looks brilliant

Attachment 153987

Hadajag Apr 8th, 2024 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discoman (Post 2944406)

As I have often underlined the withdrawal of these drive mode etc. features is nothing to do with the introduction of Google AAOS. It is just coincidental that Volvo chose to withdraw these features at the same time.