Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   General Volvo and Motoring Discussions (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Drive Modes MY22 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=319459)

sculliod Aug 24th, 2021 16:03

Drive Modes MY22

From Volvo UK

Drive modes for XC60, S90, V90 and V90 Cross Country (model year 2022)
Updated 09/07/2021
As customer, you can find information here about the drive modes for XC60, S90, V90 and V90 Cross Country with internal combustion engine (model year 2022). The article does not apply to Recharge models.

S90, V90 and V90 Cross Country (model year 2022)

There are no drive modes for S90, V90 and V90 Cross Country (model year 2022).

XC60 (model year 2022)

For XC60 (model year 2022), Off-road is available as selectable drive mode. For cars of the Polestar Engineered variant, Comfort and Polestar are also available as selectable drive modes.

This article is applicable to
Car model/model year
XC60, S90, V90 and V90CC of model year 2022
The range of models, systems and services may vary depending on market.

xtratime Aug 24th, 2021 17:17

if you didnt have adaptable suspension, did the drive modes make a significant difference other than gear changes?

ElCap Aug 25th, 2021 19:45

Given the whole point of having a CC is having an off road drive mode this makes no sense and makes the car rather pointless.

I am not actually sure that this is correct (time will tell) as the Customer info doesn’t seem to reflect what the factory are doing (as I found with BLIS). The current Price List from this month, and which is more recent than the briefing note, still lists Drive Mode on CC.

sculliod Aug 26th, 2021 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElCap (Post 2765350)
Given the whole point of having a CC is having an off road drive mode this makes no sense and makes the car rather pointless.

I am not actually sure that this is correct (time will tell) as the Customer info doesn’t seem to reflect what the factory are doing (as I found with BLIS). The current Price List from this month, and which is more recent than the briefing note, still lists Drive Mode on CC.

The info published is sourced from the online manual produced by Volvo. You would have thought at least an off road button would be available!

The way I read it paying for a Polestar update will give you access to some modes, seems a bot of a con if true.

ElCap Sep 9th, 2021 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by sculliod (Post 2765573)
The info published is sourced from the online manual produced by Volvo. You would have thought at least an off road button would be available!

The way I read it paying for a Polestar update will give you access to some modes, seems a bot of a con if true.

So it seems the V90 CC will come with an Off Road mode - so a kind of Drive Mode, but it will be Comfort or Off Road. No Dynamic. As you alluded maybe that is to leave a window open for a Polestar setting to lever more money out of us.

Question now is how the Active 4 C will work. Seems it won’t be adaptive in the way you’d expect with customisable settings so you may as well save £1,500 (not an inconsiderable sum!) given it appears it will have no adjustable settings.