Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   TCM not communicating (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=300803)

DLM48 Nov 20th, 2019 16:27

TCM not communicating

Hung W10 Tablet with VIDA on my non cranking 2007 C70

and the TCM box is red and VIDA says no communication with TCM

any ideas?

thanks

DLM48 Nov 20th, 2019 22:29

Fixed !!!!!

Used my loan Tablet {my Linix12x64 that is dedicated to VIDA would not start up or charge its battery}with W10 and VIDA plus the DICE and we have lots of faults

Cleared them and we still have two BIG SURPRISE NOT

CEM-DE6E Communication with TCM control module Signal missing

CRM-20B1 Hall sensor 3. Shorted to supply

Dont know about the CRM fault but it can wait for another day

VIDA says 372: CRM-DE6E Communication with TCM control module Signal missing

CHECK THE FOLLOWING

The fuse in the engine compartment fusebox for the transmission control module TCM

WOOOOO HOOO FUSE #23 10A BLOWN !!!!!

Car now starts I will check the hood operation tomorrow MAYBE or just leave that one for a time when I have more time and better weather to investigate that problem

SO IF you have no gear indication on the dash and the gear consul does not light up showing the gear positions.......and your car wont activate the starter CHECK FUSE #23

FunkyMelon Nov 21st, 2019 09:36

If you're lucky then problem solved but fuses blow for a reason, so if you have an actual problem it'll likely blow the new fuse at some point and you'll be right back where you started again.

Fingers crossed!

DLM48 Nov 21st, 2019 16:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by FunkyMelon (Post 2574033)
If you're lucky then problem solved but fuses blow for a reason, so if you have an actual problem it'll likely blow the new fuse at some point and you'll be right back where you started again.

Fingers crossed!

TRUE BUT NOT TRUE

At least this time I know where to start looking at / for the problem

So I will be days ahead of where I was before

Read my car wont start thread

tis obviously not a hard fault as I was driving the car today and of course when I replaced it it did not pop right away.

thanks

Antoswolo Sep 14th, 2021 05:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLM48 (Post 2573993)
Used my loan Tablet {my Linix12x64 that is dedicated to VIDA would not start up or charge its battery}with W10 and VIDA plus the DICE and we have lots of faults

Cleared them and we still have two BIG SURPRISE NOT

CEM-DE6E Communication with TCM control module Signal missing

CRM-20B1 Hall sensor 3. Shorted to supply

Dont know about the CRM fault but it can wait for another day

VIDA says 372: CRM-DE6E Communication with TCM control module Signal missing

CHECK THE FOLLOWING

The fuse in the engine compartment fusebox for the transmission control module TCM

WOOOOO HOOO FUSE #23 10A BLOWN !!!!!

Car now starts I will check the hood operation tomorrow MAYBE or just leave that one for a time when I have more time and better weather to investigate that problem

SO IF you have no gear indication on the dash and the gear consul does not light up showing the gear positions.......and your car wont activate the starter CHECK FUSE #23

I also had my Transmission Control Module (TCM) 10A fuse blow located in the CEM under the passenger glove box. So be sure to check not only the engine fuse box, but under the glovebox as well. ESPECIALLY on V50's (prone to sunroof drain problems).