Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   headlamp conversion for France (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=269995)

Ctpurley Jul 6th, 2017 23:12

headlamp conversion for France

Guys,

Quick question....

I'm going to be taking the XC90 to France for the first time next month and I wanted to check whether you can set the lights to switch over for driving on the right.

I'm sure I've seen the setting somewhere in the menu?

Thanks

Quacker Jul 6th, 2017 23:21

Yes you can. You should also set the digital speed display in the left hand dial to show kph instead of mph.
It's all in the menu and the operator's manual, which is part of Sensus, along with a search button to find the information you need. There is also an app for a tablet or phone which duplicates or copies a searchable manual to your mobile device of choice.

nu11eaf Jul 6th, 2017 23:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ctpurley (Post 2294219)
Guys,

Quick question....

I'm going to be taking the XC90 to France for the first time next month and I wanted to check whether you can set the lights to switch over for driving on the right.

I'm sure I've seen the setting somewhere in the menu?

Thanks

If you have LED lights this is possible, go to settings/my car/ lights and lighting/exterior lights and you will find an option to temporary change to left hand drive.

NickV90 Jul 7th, 2017 07:48

Not on my v90 its not... led headlamps without the active shadowing technology... and the option is greyed out on sensus.. And inadequately covered in the manual.

nu11eaf Jul 7th, 2017 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickV90 (Post 2294283)
Not on my v90 its not... led headlamps without the active shadowing technology... and the option is greyed out on sensus.. And inadequately covered in the manual.

Hit the voc button in your car and ask for advice from the volvo operator.

NickV90 Jul 7th, 2017 13:04

I don't have that either being a momentum spec... I did drop a note to volvo but no reply.

nu11eaf Jul 7th, 2017 13:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickV90 (Post 2294419)
I don't have that either being a momentum spec... I did drop a note to volvo but no reply.

I did read somewhere that the new normal LED headlights and Halogen lights are designed in such away that they can be driven on the right without dazzling other road users.they have flatter beam pattern.
I am pretty sure it's only necessary to swap to temp right hand drive on cars with "ACTIVE" LED lights.

Philip Fisher Jul 7th, 2017 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickV90 (Post 2294283)

Then I would suggest there is a lever on the back of the headlight unit - but I am guessing. On other volvos without LED lights you lift the headlight out after pulling out a metal peg which goes through the slam panel. You then slide a lever on the back of the unit.

Ctpurley Jul 11th, 2017 19:22

Thanks for all the advice guys

Jonny H Jul 20th, 2017 15:08

XC90 2018 - headlight conversion to driving on the right

Hi,
Has anyone resolved this - just checking the manual on my 2018 model & no where does it mention changing the headlight beams for LHD
It does state how to do this in the 2017 model manual, under the heading of temporary adjustment
Or, as has been stated, do LED headlights automatically convert to LHD?
Last thing I want is to get pulled over by the French police.
Thanks