Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   V40/XC '12>17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=194)
-   -   Sensus sat nav issue (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=317907)

Peter piper Jun 26th, 2021 08:08

Sensus sat nav issue

If I put a destination into my V40 sat nav 2 miles away it takes me on an 80 or so mile journey (I obviously ignore the sat nav:regular_smile:). I previously had a V60 and don't recall having this issue with the sat nav, and despite having gone through all the sat nav options I can't resolve it, so any help appreciated?

Peter piper Jun 27th, 2021 08:19

I don't know if I'm losing the plot but the location of the sat nav is about 80 miles away from where I am. The car has been sitting at a dealers for a couple or so months so whether that's had anything to do with it playing up.

I'm not sure if a sat nav update with solve the issue or its a pointless exercise?

peter312 Jun 27th, 2021 08:39

Is there any similarity between the name of the place you want to go to and where it is telling you to go (or if you’re using postcode, are the postcodes similar?)

Peter piper Jun 27th, 2021 10:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by peter312 (Post 2748586)
Is there any similarity between the name of the place you want to go to and where it is telling you to go (or if you’re using postcode, are the postcodes similar?)

No, it's of no relevance and I've cleared all journeys from the sat nav and started afresh to no avail. For some reason the sat nav thinks my car is in Kenilworth when I'm in West London:teeth_smile:

Zebster Jun 27th, 2021 10:25

I'm guessing that the GPS receiver is faulty then

Vman40 Jul 5th, 2021 16:28

The sat nav aerials can fail - some people seem to have had several.

returnee Jul 7th, 2021 17:59

I'm having a similar problem on my V40 (that started after a service a few days ago) but it resets after about a day. Is this an expensive repair?

Vman40 Jul 8th, 2021 09:11

If it's just the aerial it's not too bad - they are stuck on with tape, so the old one is just prized off and the new one stuck down after swapping the cables.

There's a cable to connect to the new one which is easy... as long as you don't drop it into the car while changing over, as apparently then you have to take the headliner out to find it!

returnee Jul 8th, 2021 12:30

I assume that it is an active aerial therefore there will be volts coming up to it. I'm new to the car so I'm not familiar with the functioning.
Is an aerial fault likely to cause the intermittent "confusion" of the SatNav?

Peter piper Jul 8th, 2021 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by returnee (Post 2751178)
I'm having a similar problem on my V40 (that started after a service a few days ago) but it resets after about a day. Is this an expensive repair?

I was going to ask the same question as you (how much is a gps receiver - supply and fit).

I've disconnected the battery, reset the car to factory settings and today it had the sat nav software update all to no avail and it's still showing around 80 miles away.

So it will go into volvo and hoping it won't be a big bill.